Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

7 minutes ago, 49ers Finest said:

Was anybody else surprised by our decision in OT to receive? And Kyle loves having the ball last. I was wondering if Kyle knew the playoff rule change bc I didnt know until they announced it. Its so much more advantageous to defer in that scenario. You know what you need, whether it be a field goal or a td and then you have 4 downs the whole drive to do it

Kind of, but I don't mind because the d needed a break. And he knew the offense would/should score, so all it would have taken is one stop/turnover to finish it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah. 2019, I was heartbroken. I'm just numb after last night.

AA pretty much nailed it, in 2019, everyone was young. Now we’re heading into twilight years. 

crazy, but the future of this franchise is going to comedown to Purdy. 

• Like 5

I mean the runs of these dynasties and these contenders always comes down to great QB play and good drafting. The Chiefs had one freaking defender playing last night that played in the 2019 Super Bowl. In a mere four years, they were able to completely overhaul the defensive side of the ball and turned an average unit into elite. 

It's okay if we lose some players and lose some of our strengths with players aging out or losing them to free agency. You just have to make it up in other areas and maybe we lose a weapon or two but turn a terrible pass blocking OL into an elite one. I don't think our defense is ever going to be bad as long as Warner and Bosa are playing at high levels. You have at least 3-4 years of that. So in the meantime we just need to commit resources into our OL. This needs to be a heavy OL draft and then continue picking up a DL or two every draft as well. 

The team is going to be great next year again. Doesn't guarantee us making the SB but as long as we are contenders, we have a shot.

I'll say one thing, I am very confident that Moody has a great season next year. He was inconsistent down the stretch but dude made some MONEY kicks in clutch situations in the playoffs. He has the right make up for a kicker. Let's improve our STs unit so they are not a liability. Lost out on two potential Super Bowls in the last 12 years due to shaky STs play. Heck, maybe three since Akers missed a FG against the Ravens in the SB as well. SMH!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, struby3 said:

@adamq Missouri boy who is also a Hawkeye fan? How did that happen? I knew you were from the midwest, but I didn't know you were down in Mizzoura

Born in Northern Iowa, near Algona.. My dad loved the Raiders but I saw Steve Young and Jerry Rice & fell for the Niners... (funny how that turns out, I deserve for my son to love the Chiefs)

we moved about an hour south of KC when I was 11 and I lived in that area until my mid 20s, then moved to Indiana  😛

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 49ers Finest said:

Was anybody else surprised by our decision in OT to receive? And Kyle loves having the ball last. I was wondering if Kyle knew the playoff rule change bc I didnt know until they announced it. Its so much more advantageous to defer in that scenario. You know what you need, whether it be a field goal or a td and then you have 4 downs the whole drive to do it.

It hasn't been brought up enough but I thought it was big mistake by Shanny.

Don't care how tired the defense was, you have to put the ball in KC's hand and let OT play out that way. 

We can't let Mahomes know he has at least 4 downs to get down the field and score at least three.

Hindsight will always dictate but at the time I thought it was a mistake.

And now you have players saying they didn't know the postseason OT rules which makes the decision look even worst imo.

51 minutes ago, adamq said:

The players know this is on them. I am not worried in the slightest about Kyle's future 

Oh he's not going anywhere obviously. Just wonder if some players will be giving him the side eye in big games.

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

It hasn't been brought up enough but I thought it was big mistake by Shanny.

Don't care how tired the defense was, you have to put the ball in KC's hand and let OT play out that way. 

We can't let Mahomes know he has at least 4 downs to get down the field and score at least three.

Hindsight will always dictate but at the time I thought it was a mistake.

And now you have players saying they didn't know the postseason OT rules which makes the decision look even worst imo.

I really think the game strategy should have put a larger emphasis on winning the game while on offense.  The only way to beat Mahomes is to not give him a chance.  There were two or three opportunities to do that.  

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Wonder if Eddie D would have shown Kyle his walking papers lmao.

No, you don't remember the 90s do you? We won 1 superbowl yet were in the nfc title game 5 times losing 4 of them. Eddie didn't fire any of the coaches that I recall.