Marcell Ozuna traded to the Cardinals

JammerHammer21

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

Depends on the OF too. If they get Sierra I'll be miffed.

Fully expect Piscotty to be traded soon to OAK or SF...

But why?  He's another guy that doesn't have a ceiling.  No bat.  Terrific speed and defense can make him an everyday CF, but he's probably always going to be below average offensively.  I need one of Reyes (unlikely), Weaver (unlikely), or Flaherty (possible) to be in this deal or else it's a straight up fleecing.  

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Guessing Grichuk, Flaherty, and Alcantara.

That still seems light for Miami, but it's at least palatable given the inclusion of Flaherty.  It would be nice not to have to face Babe Grichuk everytime the Cubs face the Cards as well.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

But why?  He's another guy that doesn't have a ceiling.  No bat.  Terrific speed and defense can make him an everyday CF, but he's probably always going to be below average offensively.  I need one of Reyes (unlikely), Weaver (unlikely), or Flaherty (possible) to be in this deal or else it's a straight up fleecing.  

Sierra has elite level defense and speed and his bat is better than most projections and he showed that in his MLB stint this year...

Zero percent chance Reyes or Weaver got moved...

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

Sierra has elite level defense and speed and his bat is better than most projections and he showed that in his MLB stint this year...

Zero percent chance Reyes or Weaver got moved...

He showed nothing with the bat in his cup of coffee.  .413 BABIP still led to an 86 wRC+.  As we both mentioned, the elite CF D and baserunning are going to have to carry him.

Archived