Which HC hire are you most and least impressed by?

notthatbluestuff

21 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

im curious as to your intel and why the opinion on mayo to proclaim this

People leeching onto the idea that he is going to be a DeMeco Ryans clone....which is extremely unlikely.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Are you going with Pierce & Crosby or Harbaugh and no Crosby.  I doubt Harbaugh would have had much interest in that job anyway with better jobs available.  The Raiders did the right thing even if it doesn't pan out.

Was Crosby really going to sit though? 

Harbaugh is the most impressive. Not a hot take to say the Chargers could be in the Superbowl next season if not by the 2025 season. As a matter of fact I want an all LA Superbowl within the 2024-2025 window with Harbaugh/Herbert and McVay/Stafford.

I have no idea who Brian Callahan is so I guess I would say he is my least impressive. If the Titans fired Mike Vrabel for him they better hope he is better than Vrabel. And I mean getting this team to the AFCCG and competing hard overachieving when they shouldnt be winning games but they are. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Was Crosby really going to sit though? 

Do you really want to risk that? Do you really want those bad vibes reverberating throughout the locker room?  It's a hard position to be in especially after having 2 high profile HC's flame out in spectacular fashion in a row.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Are you going with Pierce & Crosby or Harbaugh and no Crosby.  I doubt Harbaugh would have had much interest in that job anyway with better jobs available.  The Raiders did the right thing even if it doesn't pan out.

The Raiders are an iconic franchise with a fanbase that is desperate to win. If they would have gave him full control of the entire organization I think he would have strongly considered it.

Coach A:

• Regular Season: 29-33-1 (0.468)
  • Post Season: 2-1 (0.667)
  • Career: 31-34-1 (0.477)

Coach B:

• Regular Season: 43-42 (0.506)
  • Post Season: 3-2 (0.600)
  • Career: 46-44 (0.511)

Coach A is

Spoiler

Dan Campbell

.  Coach B is

Spoiler

Dan Quinn

.  And for some reason, the perception among fans between these two couldn’t be more different.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Not a hot take to say the Chargers could be in the Superbowl next season if not by the 2025 season.

Could, like it’s physically possible they could? Or could, like, they’re SB contenders could? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Coach A:

Coach B:

Coach A is

Hide contents

Dan Campbell

.  Coach B is

Hide contents

Dan Quinn

.  And for some reason, the perception among fans between these two couldn’t be more different.

Trajectory and context matter. If these two were coaching identical rosters with the exact same environment/opportunity, then sure, they’d be more comparable. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Coach A:

Coach B:

Coach A is

Reveal hidden contents

Dan Campbell

.  Coach B is

Reveal hidden contents

Dan Quinn

I mean, one of them bottomed out and was fired from their job and is now a retread hire. The other oversaw a complete rebuild of one of the worst franchises in pro sports and is in an impressively steep incline trajectory. Not sure why you're even comparing the two or why you'd think the perception of them would be similar.

12 minutes ago, Soko said:

Trajectory and context matter. If these two were coaching identical rosters with the exact same environment/opportunity, then sure, they’d be more comparable. 

It’s impossible for two coaches to have the exact same environment/opportunity. So I guess we should never compare coaches against each other. 

9 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

I mean, one of them bottomed out and was fired from their job and is now a retread hire. The other oversaw a complete rebuild of one of the worst franchises in pro sports and is in an impressively steep incline trajectory. Not sure why you're even comparing the two or why you'd think the perception of them would be similar.

This is my point.  Recency bias is clearly the overwhelming factor at play here.  Their overall results are actually very similar, yet the perception is vastly different due to that bias.

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It’s impossible for two coaches to have the exact same environment/opportunity. So I guess we should never compare coaches against each other. 

This is my point.  Recency bias is clearly the overwhelming factor at play here.  Their overall results are actually very similar, yet the perception is vastly different due to that bias.

Comparing coaches in similar situations is one thing, but other than being named Dan what do they have in common? One is in his first gig, the other is starting his second. One started hot and flamed out and the other started poorly and has ascended. One is an Offensive guy, the other is a Defensive guy. Of all of the coaches to compare Quinn to, why choose Campbell? 

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, I didn’t say comparing coaches should never done.

But I don’t believe that because Coach A and Coach B have similar records, that they should be viewed the same in 2024. Quinn’s teams got worse. They had a bonafide franchise QB that won MVP. He’s a retread that is in his second stint after being fired four years ago.

Campbell took an all-time bad sports franchise, and they got better every year he was there. Not worse. One of these guys is trending up (and started from a lower point) and the other trended down and got fired. 

Like I said, trajectory and context matter. 

30 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Agree.  Though it's weird to me that Keim keeps saying it's down to Johnson, Quinn and Morris (with Johnson not being a lock).  I'd be PO'd if we bypassed Johnson, Macdonald and Slowik for either of the other two.

So like my question is what changed? You missed on Johnson, Macdonald, and Slowik for Quinn. You said you would be pissed off if that happened. Now you are in every thread defending the hire...

So I guess my question is why aren't you pissed off? And why are you going to bat for a guy that a week ago you said would piss you off if they hired him?

4 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Do you really want to risk that? Do you really want those bad vibes reverberating throughout the locker room?  It's a hard position to be in especially after having 2 high profile HC's flame out in spectacular fashion in a row.

I think he’s in the first year of his big extensions. You call whatever bluff you might need to.