What do you do if you're the Chicago Bears?

DigInBoys

25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Seahawks just traded essentially that to Washington for Howell.  Eagles just traded a 3rd for Pickett.  

We swapped picks, moved back 22 spots. At no point did we give up a top 100 pick straight up for Kenny Pickett. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Packers have picked two first round QBs in my lifetime. We just got lucky and managed to hit on both those picks. I wasn't a fan of the Howell or Pickett trades either. My biggest issue with trading the pick for a backup QB is you are trading for a known commodity. If I draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round I can atleast delude myself into believing they can be developed into a starter.

Well, I delude myself into hoping 7th rounders can be developed into starters!

Yeah that is a dreamy setup you have, but most people sitting 1st round qbs for years is not a good outcome and a waste of picks.  

I don't disagree with you, but a lot of qbs go down every year.  If your team is contending, then a 3rd rounder for having a solid backup not such a bad thing.  In a perfect world, I have a franchise qb and am drafting and developing Day 3 qbs every year so you don't have to worry about this.  

You my friend are living in a fantasy world where you have had multiple decade long elite qb starters and at least a decent starter currently.  Most of us aren't so lucky and have crap at qb backed up by crappier.  Securing decent qb play is worth a mid rounder to us.

14 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Well we have our answer now!

So Pittsburgh has 2 reclamation projects.  1 young locker room favorite, 1 old locker room problem.  May the best man win.  Not many coaches can handle a locker room like that, Tomlin probably can.  

And wow...peanuts.  They gave him away for free.  Sam Howell pulled more.

Just now, offbyone said:

So Pittsburgh has 2 reclamation projects.  1 young locker room favorite, 1 old locker room problem.  May the best man win.  Not many coaches can handle a locker room like that, Tomlin probably can.  

And wow...peanuts.  They gave him away for free.  Sam Howell pulled more.

Extra year on rookie contract 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm leaning that direction to. Put #1 up for grabs, forcing Washington to pony up a 2nd or 3rd, Guaranteeing Caleb is a Commander. Then trade #2 potentially to Minnesota,  getting 11/23 and bext years 1st.  Use all 3 1st rd picks on Defense unless a stud OL is there and let the 2024 season play out. 

They could legitimately trade down 2-3x accumulate 3 1st rd picks,  multiple 2nds and build up in one draft. Still potentially having multiple 1st and or 2nds fir next years draft? 

Let the Caleb Williams and Daddy drama unfold elsewhere. 

None of those picks matter if you still don't have a QB. Which Chicago would not if they kept Fields and traded the No. 1 pick. Not only would Poles be fired, he would be fired before he got to trade the pick.

Chicago is under no compulsion to draft Caleb Williams. They can take literally any player they want at No. 1. Just because the consensus says Fields is QB1 and a franchise QB doesn't mean Chicago has to take him. Look at the Browns and Baker Mayfield; that didn't end up panning out for either player or team, but it was a helluva lot better pick than the consensus favorite Sam Darnold.

• Like 1

Hilarious that in his athletic prime he ends up going for a 6th round pick after we had to listen to bears fans and other fields fanboys try to gaslight us into thinking he was a good qb for the past 2 years. 

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

At this point to get this over with I will take a one of those coupon books they make kids sell for sports teams, a box of short bread girl scout cookies and an MVP haircut from Sport Clips.

Pittsburgh: Here is less.  

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Congratulations Bears fans. You're getting one of the most exciting QB prospects to come out in years. 

Too many aren’t excited as they should be.  Because reasons. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 3:41 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

I'd take what's behind Door #3.

Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is no man's land as far as QBs go.  You either roll with what they had (Pickett/Rudolph), hope that the second tier QBs (Penix/Nix) can do what Pickett couldn't do, or go with the option they went with.  And quite frankly, I don't hate what Pittsburgh did.  Probably won't work out but I at least see the upside in what Pittsburgh is doing.

• Like 1