What do you do if you're the Chicago Bears?

DigInBoys

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

3rd? Compete with/learn from Geno. 

I'd like to get him for less, but I don't mind Fields. I probably like Fields more than a lot of people here. A change of scenery and a new beginning would do him good. I really want the Seahawks to address the QB position either in the draft or Fields.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Hmmmm this is interesting. Never thought about Fields in Seattle. What would they have to trade to get him?

Given the options for CHI to trade him to, might not be much

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Hmmmm this is interesting. Never thought about Fields in Seattle. What would they have to trade to get him?

At this point, a bag of potato chips might be his going rate.  The starting QB market (outside of Denver and maybe New England) is dried up.  There's only so many places he can go and has a reasonable chance at winning the starting QB gig.  And it's not like Geno Smith has been bad by any means.  I just don't see Seattle having interest in him.  I think it's probably more likely they go grab a QB in the draft.

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

Any GM that trades a third round pick for a backup QB should be shot into the sun.

It depends who your starter is and what pick in the 3rd round.  But fair point especially because he is on last year of contract and if you don't intend to play him then a 3rd rounder for a rental.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I'd like to get him for less, but I don't mind Fields. I probably like Fields more than a lot of people here. A change of scenery and a new beginning would do him good. I really want the Seahawks to address the QB position either in the draft or Fields.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Haven't read thru the thread, but are the Jets mentioned as a landing spot? If I'm the Jets, I'm curious about him at a low price.

Are there any players SEA might be shopping? Obviously key players aside, but anyone that just might end up being traded?

Really, I am using this more for a mock dynasty I'm more than anything.

ATM IND makes the most sense. Richardson plays a physical style and will take lumps, both he and Fields are ridiculous athletes so you can run the same offense if Richardson goes down or they are in a blowout (positive or negative).

Maybe there can be a pick swap as well to benefit both teams. Bears give 1.9 and Fields for 1.15 and 2.46. That puts Fields' value at a 3rd rounder(3.90) by Drafttek's chart. IND gets to secure the to CB or one of the top OL, Bears get to net another 2nd rounder.

55 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

ATM IND makes the most sense. Richardson plays a physical style and will take lumps, both he and Fields are ridiculous athletes so you can run the same offense if Richardson goes down or they are in a blowout (positive or negative).

Maybe there can be a pick swap as well to benefit both teams. Bears give 1.9 and Fields for 1.15 and 2.46. That puts Fields' value at a 3rd rounder(3.90) by Drafttek's chart. IND gets to secure the to CB or one of the top OL, Bears get to net another 2nd rounder.

Convert Fields to RB

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That seems like an overpay with essentially no other teams in the bidding.

Mac Jones went for a 6th.  I think a 4th is his max value given the limited options of teams remaining 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm kind of shocked it seems like no one is left with an open QB spot unless New England or Washington trade for him...but they likely go QB early. 

Raiders, Broncos, Vikings, Seahawks, Giants 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

UxWIq9f.png

I've been saying this since last year. Turn him into a gadget player and see what he can do. Although he can probably make a great living as a back up. I'm honestly surprised that there wasn't one stupid GM that would have said they could save him.