What do you do if you're the Chicago Bears?

DigInBoys

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is no man's land as far as QBs go.  You either roll with what they had (Pickett/Rudolph), hope that the second tier QBs (Penix/Nix) can do what Pickett couldn't do, or go with the option they went with.  And quite frankly, I don't hate what Pittsburgh did.  Probably won't work out but I at least see the upside in what Pittsburgh is doing.

The thing with the Steelers too is that they don't need either guy to be great to win. I mean Pickett was arguably the worst starter in the league and they still won 19 games.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Too many aren’t excited as they should be.  Because reasons. 

I get it. We ended up with the 2nd pick and a large contingent of our fanbase wants to trade back for an OT and a QB that’s already had four major injuries. Fans are weird. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is no man's land as far as QBs go.  You either roll with what they had (Pickett/Rudolph), hope that the second tier QBs (Penix/Nix) can do what Pickett couldn't do, or go with the option they went with.  And quite frankly, I don't hate what Pittsburgh did.  Probably won't work out but I at least see the upside in what Pittsburgh is doing.

I agree with the assessment and, yes, Russell (even with the 6th lowest ADoT) is better than Pickett and the price is right.  The trade preserves the #20 pick.  That said, it's just not like Pittsburgh to court trouble.  Penix would be my first choice because, if healthy, he may be primus inter pares in a strong class.  My second option would be to take one or two Day 3 also rans (which I'd do anyway) and hope to get lucky.  (Notwithstanding the failure with Pickett, Pittsburgh is one of the few franchises I do trust to select and develop QB talent.)

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I get it. We ended up with the 2nd pick and a large contingent of our fanbase wants to trade back for an OT and a QB that’s already had four major injuries. Fans are weird. 

Now the thing on X from the ‘Justin Fields is really not being traded conspiracy crowd’ is Caleb better win SB every year starting this year because that is what they were told to expect. 

A bunch of butt heart cry babies.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The thing with the Steelers too is that they don't need either guy to be great to win. I mean Pickett was arguably the worst starter in the league and they still won 19 games.

the greatest season that never was

(yes I know you mean across multiple years)

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

the greatest season that never was

(yes I know you mean across multiple years)

Fr though imagine if Pickett had talent. Steelers legit would've been a top 3 AFC north team for sure.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Too many aren’t excited as they should be.  Because reasons. 

It's because it's the Bears who have only shown themselves to be a competent organization a handful of times in the last 30 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

It's because it's the Bears who have only shown themselves to be a competent organization a handful of times in the last 30 years.

Yes.  The Bears PTSD is real.  

But it’s supposed to be fun.  A lot of other teams would trade places or rosters with Bears at moment.  

Haven’t been able to say that in awhile.  It’s arrow pointing up.  

• Like 2

Just now, dll2000 said:

But it’s supposed to be fun.  A lot of other teams would trade places or rosters with Bears at moment.  

Agreed it's one of the better situations a 1st overall pick can come in to. It's not perfect from the top down but plenty of weapons to have success 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yet somehow you just have to know they will screw it up. They always do. It's just a matter of how painful is it going to be this time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pool said:

Yet somehow you just have to know they will screw it up. They always do. It's just a matter of how painful is it going to be this time.

Then we will be back at top of draft soon and taking Arch Manning or something.  

Que sera sera

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Que sera sera

At a certain point prospects just don't wanna play for you if you fail to develop QBs (Trubisky, Fields, Williams) 

Can totally see Williams doing that just to **** with the bears.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Que sera sera

I would love to see that. The Manning Family demanding a trade to New York and George McCaskey getting into a p1ssing match with them would be great theatre. But alas, I don't see Arch being the top QB prospect in his draft nor the Bears picking in the top 5 again for awhile.