Week 15 GDT - Jets (5-8) @ Saints (9-4)

Dome

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

I couldn’t disagree more. 

As far as I know, nobody has said this.

These were not two separate points. As in it is an overreaction to say there's an issue with Payton that makes every game close. It's not an overreaction to say Payton has coaching issues, I say that all the time too lol. And yes, someone said something along the lines of we always play trash teams closely because it's Sean Payton led team. 

So I'm pretty sure the only way(s) we miss the playoffs now is:

Seahawks win NFC West and Rams finish tied/ahead of us in WC AND the Panthers win out to win the division AND the Falcons sweep us AND we lose to the Bucs. OR the same situation with the Rams/Seahawks but in the NFCS the Falcons win out to win the NFCS, the Panthers only lose to Atlanta, AND we lose out. 

So basically we just have to win one more to make the playoffs. And since the Panthers/Falcons play each other we PROBABLY have to win out to win the division, but it is possible for us to win vs Atlanta and lose vs Tampa, plus Atlanta beating Carolina. 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Who the hell is George Johnson lol

must be a new addition

LOL, I'd have asked the same question, but I saw we signed him during three week. 

He played for us in preseason, and against us when we played the Lions. 

We'll call him....George. 

So, terrible game, folks. A few bright spots, but dang few. We, typically, played down to our competition again. 

I get so tired of expecting us to smoke someone, and we either lose, or barely win. Then expect us to get waxed, and we win or almost win. 

I hope we can play somewhat respectfully from here on out. 

For real though, I am still mad at Payton. How do we make practically zero adjustments in this game versus that Defense? Their LBs were sitting in the run lanes all game. So why do you not make more moves to get the RBs outside with tosses or into the flats with short passes? I'm getting really tired of the defense bailing out the offense over and over again only for Payton to squander it with poor calls or Brees throwing a bonehead INT. Their defense isn't that good. The Jets game planned to take away the interior run and it worked. And it was like they couldn't figure out what to do.

Really glad the D is playing like it is. Not perfect, but keeping the score low enough to keep the Saints in the game and getting the ball back when needed.

13 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

For real though, I am still mad at Payton. How do we make practically zero adjustments in this game versus that Defense? Their LBs were sitting in the run lanes all game. So why do you not make more moves to get the RBs outside with tosses or into the flats with short passes? I'm getting really tired of the defense bailing out the offense over and over again only for Payton to squander it with poor calls or Brees throwing a bonehead INT. Their defense isn't that good. The Jets game planned to take away the interior run and it worked. And it was like they couldn't figure out what to do.

Really glad the D is playing like it is. Not perfect, but keeping the score low enough to keep the Saints in the game and getting the ball back when needed.

These players can deny it all they want but they were looking past the Jets Sunday! There focus wasnt on the team they were playing but instead the rematch on Christmas Eve. They slept walked through most of the game and still managed to win 31-19. You could tell in Payton's post game demenor that he felt his team overlooked the Jets who are a scrappy team under Bowles whom I think is a hell of a defensive coach. 

The best news of the day is that we appeared to get out of the week reletively healthy. The extra time off appeared to make us somewhat lethargic in the game but hopfully this team comes in healthy and movitatied for the rematch with the Falcons.

As crappy as this game looked and felt, our running backs had a really good game.

Ingram & Kamara still combined for 240 all purpose yards, and 3 TD's! 
I think a lot of teams would be happy with that.

Ingram 74 rushing (2 TD's) & 77 receiving - average 6.4 yards per rush & 15.4 yards per reception
Kamara 44 rushing & 45 receiving (1 TD)

Another week should get Kamara's head back into it. Rarely does a player quickly spring back from a concussion.

Archived