BroncosFan2010 Offseason V1.0

BroncosFan2010

I am not sure how I feel about Cousins.  I get the intrigue.  He is pretty good on a crappy team with what appear to be lesser assets than the Broncos...which could allow him to succeed even more.  Plus, he has great leadership qualities, which the Broncos need.  I wonder how many wins last year were attributed to DeMarcus Ware being in the locker room...something to be said for someone holding folks accountable, outside of the coaches. 

27 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am not sure how I feel about Cousins.  I get the intrigue.  He is pretty good on a crappy team with what appear to be lesser assets than the Broncos...which could allow him to succeed even more.  Plus, he has great leadership qualities, which the Broncos need.  I wonder how many wins last year were attributed to DeMarcus Ware being in the locker room...something to be said for someone holding folks accountable, outside of the coaches. 

Cousins is better than what we have no question but the dynamic of the team will change giving him a big deal, and trading Washington assets.

But, in my opinion he will put us in purgatory more than what we already are. He's the John Fox of qbs. Guy looks the part and puts up some numbers. But, I don't think he'll win you games that are 50 50 or you're the dog in. He will win games you should win, and dominate teams who are bad.

This move would literally be Elway not having coincidence in his abilities as a gm.

I don't think the Broncos will keep Siemian

Its a tossup between him and Brock as the long term backup and I really don't care who we choose. I think both are locker room guys, but maybe Brock is more content to carve a home here for the long haul. I think both make nice backup options.

And, it doesn't sound like Sanders will stay, either.

Trading or cutting him leaves 5.3M dead cap and only opens up 5.4M. Unless he is acting like a total lunatic behind the scenes, which I don't believe he is, we should rally him around the idea of whatever vet QB we are signing and keep him. He is moody but mostly just wants to win. Guy like him that run hot/cold are a necessity for any good team, their emotions are contagious, for better or worse, but when for the better his fiery attitude elevates the offense a little IMO. Foolish to move on unless he is being a total diva.

Also, with Jake Butt, Dickson probably won't be necessary.

Jake Butt is a middle round pick coming off a serious injury. Even before his injury, people questioned his speed on the field. He is far from a sure thing and counting on him to start next season would be foolish IMO. Dickson is a stopgap that can get YAC and make a big play now and then. Even in the idea scenario where Butt and his more rounded skillset takes the starting position, Dickson would be an ideal upper tier backup that can be used to spread the field and open the run game.

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think Brock is the backup next year.  I think he has all but summed that up this year.  Sadly, Siemien has failed us.  

I agree - I think Siemian is done for - regression coupled with ongoing injury problems.

As for who will be QB - I expect Elway to go after the best available - starting with Cousins and if they fails onto Taylor, Manning and then look to trade on one of the top two in the draft.

Archived