NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t in the back of my mind regarding Latham. Especially compared to Alt coming from Notre Dame, where the track record speaks for itself with the success their O-linemen has had in the NFL.

This has come to my mind too. 
I think only players that have come out of Bama and been productive are the WRs, RBs a few LBs  and a few DBs.

The OL just haven't had much success. 
I'd draft a Norte Dame OL before an Alabama one based on that stat. I always wondered who Norte Dame's OL coach was. 

All that said, I still do like Lathum. 

I'm a natural contrarian lol. What most people like I tend to go opposite unless of course I like it to lol

Part of my hesitation with Alt is admittedly because so many conclude it's the only option that will do lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm a natural contrarian lol. What most people like I tend to go opposite unless of course I like it to lol

Part of my hesitation with Alt is admittedly because so many conclude it's the only option that will do lol. 

Pretty easy to understand why. We have a giant hole at both tackle spots right now. I wouldn’t mind WR especially if it’s MHJ(if he magically falls). At 7, if it’s not MHJ, Alt, Nabers, or Rome, I’d be totally shocked. Turner has no business being a top 10 pick with how raw he is. I actually like Latu more than Turner. I don’t want anything to do with Latham as a top 10 pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Pretty easy to understand why. We have a giant hole at both tackle spots right now. I wouldn’t mind WR especially if it’s MHJ(if he magically falls). At 7, if it’s not MHJ, Alt, Nabers, or Rome, I’d be totally shocked. Turner has no business being a top 10 pick with how raw he is. I actually like Latu more than Turner. I don’t want anything to do with Latham as a top 10 pick. 

No, I totally get it.

If it was a WR or another position outside of OL, I'd be 100% on board.  I know I've said it before, but I just personally don't like drafting OL that high or in the 1st period really. I'd pay in FA if possible. I just have the drafting philosophy of drafting skilled or highly impactful positions in the 1st. 

But deep down I can admit, it has nothing do with Alt or even OT. It's just me going against the grain. lol

Alt is 98% the best choice to me at 7 but I'm not all on board like so many. 

Posted (edited)

So if Joe Alt is the presumed pick at 7, barring the Chargers or someone in front of us takes him. 

The question with the most intrigue becomes what do we do at #38?

Edited by KingTitan

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So if Joe Alt is the presumed pick at 7, barring the Chargers or someone in front of us takes him. 

The question with the most intrigue because what do we do at #38?

Hopefully a good DL is available. If not, try like hell to trade back.

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The question with the most intrigue because what do we do at #38?

Yeah count me as a trade down advocate. You never know who’s gonna fall, but looking at who’s likely there, best to recover some draft capital and move down a bit.

I still like the idea of a receiver in the second, but if we come away with a really good DL like Kris Jenkins or even Braden Fiske, I would be pretty happy. No Sweat though please.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The question with the most intrigue becomes what do we do at #38?

I hope Penix falls to #38 somehow. That would be a dream scenario and we could get a haul similar to what we gave up for Levis last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I would love Malik Washington somehow on this team. 

Washington is I think my favorite mid round receiver. He’s too small, but his game is fantastic. Even at his weight he can still be a gadget guy.

• Like 1

Can't say I'd imagine a scenario in which Fiske or even Kris Jenkins are BPA at 38, to be honest. If Newton somehow falls, you run to the podium, if Darius Robinson is there that's likely an easy pick. Otherwise, wouldn't really go DL.