NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

Yea you just don’t like Caleb for whatever reason he makes your blood boil 😩🤣 @KingTitan he’s not acting entitled hes confident in himself & his abilities, that should tell you some if you drafting a QB that has a competitive fire to be the starter, furthermore he’s saying he beat him out but for whatever reason he wasn’t the starter & when he asked the coach for clarity why he’s not starting as in wanting to know what’s the things he needs to work on, he couldn’t give him an answer, that’s what we call politics. He said from the jump he wanted to play for Lincoln because he felt he’s was the best coach to get him prepared to play at the next level, therefore he’s a guy that wants to be coached. 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

He felt he deserved it, not that he was owed the starting spot, that's why I'm not sure where you see the entitlement coming from. He had the mindset he was going to go in, work hard and beat the then starting quarterback (at the time projected 1st round pick too). He felt he did that in the spring, and deserved the shot.

He also touches on continuing to prepare for the moment whenever it might come and understanding it's a slim window of opportunity and he needs to make the most of it. Again, that's introspective and mature.

The rest of it is obviously a well-thought analysis that simply happens to be way off, IMO. Not trying to sound like a know-all or anything, but I just don't understand your POV at all and I specifically don't understand the not-so-small minority that thinks like you. I very much respect you're putting thought and effort into having an articulate opinion of your own on the kid, I just think you're unequivocally wrong. :) 

He is pretty much everything you'd want in a (modern) NFL QB, and then some. He's special. He's Aaron Rodgers personality-wise and he's Aaron Rodgers talent-wise. He might not end up on the level of Aaron Rodgers as an NFL player, sure. But that's irrelevant. Aaron Rodgers-like prospects don't come around that often, so it doesn't make him any less special.

Everything you said makes PERFECT sense.  However. I just don't see it with him.  I see nothing different about him than there was with Baker Mayfield or even Kyler Murray. Both good pros. Nothing to be sad about. Worth being picked #1.  
Generational?  Franchise cornerstone?  Naw. 
I think there should be more legit conversation with the #1 QB. I don't think it's automatically him. 

:) And.... 

I Dont Like Him Trelane GIF - I Dont Like Him Trelane Star Trek ...

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yea you just don’t like Caleb for whatever reason he makes your blood boil 😩🤣 @KingTitan he’s not acting entitled hes confident in himself & his abilities, that should tell you some if you drafting a QB that has a competitive fire to be the starter, furthermore he’s saying he beat him out but for whatever reason he wasn’t the starter & when he asked the coach for clarity why he’s not starting as in wanting to know what’s the things he needs to work on, he couldn’t give him an answer, that’s what we call politics. He said from the jump he wanted to play for Lincoln because he felt he’s was the best coach to get him prepared to play at the next level, therefore he’s a guy that wants to be coached. 

Yeah.... lol

It's just a Snoop Dogg amount of smoke around the personality questions for me. 
It has been a while, since I haven't liked a guy as much as him in the draft. And I'm man enough to admit, its more personality driven. 
He might be the right QB for 31 of 32 teams, but if I was GM, he wouldn't be the QB for me. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Everything you said makes PERFECT sense.  However. I just don't see it with him.  I see nothing different about him than there was with Baker Mayfield or even Kyler Murray. Both good pros. Nothing to be sad about. Worth being picked #1.  
Generational?  Franchise cornerstone?  Naw. 
I think there should be more legit conversation with the #1 QB. I don't think it's automatically him. 

:) And.... 

I Dont Like Him Trelane GIF - I Dont Like Him Trelane Star Trek ...

Exactly you don’t see it, & guess what neither did these guys when Mahomes came out. it’s not hard to get my boy, he’s a carbon copy of mahomes when mahomes came out of Texas tech, & he was overlooked because he didn’t play in a prostyle offense & his style of football wasn’t seen to be away of winning football games. His college tape is better than mahomes, he’s played in a prostyle offense, he has elite arm talent, it’s gone come down to coaching will he have that Andy Reid in Chicago.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah.... lol

It's just a Snoop Dogg amount of smoke around the personality questions for me. 
It has been a while, since I haven't liked a guy as much as him in the draft. And I'm man enough to admit, its more personality driven. 
He might be the right QB for 31 of 32 teams, but if I was GM, he wouldn't be the QB for me. 

Not snoop dogg smoke 😆🤣🤣🤣🤣 Boy if you was the GM for the titans & we need a QB & you passed on him 🗣we riot at dawn 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Exactly you don’t see it, & guess what neither did these guys when Mahomes came out. it’s not hard to get my boy, he’s a carbon copy of mahomes when mahomes came out of Texas tech, & he was overlooked because he didn’t play in a prostyle offense & his style of football wasn’t seen to be away of winning football games. His college tape is better than mahomes, he’s played in a prostyle offense, he has elite arm talent, it’s gone come down to coaching will he have that Andy Reid in Chicago.

Biggest difference is Andy Reid. 
Had a plan. 
Made him sit.
Different personality.

The next time the Bears develop a QB will be the first time. lol 
First time for everything, but I'm not hitching my wagon to Williams to break that trend. lol

But yeah, you know we can pull up the exact opposite of "can't miss guys" who missed entirely. lol

But the good thing is, I'll sleep easy at night either way because he isn't in the realm of possible for the Titans and I'm not the GM.  (Thankfully for all you mofos!)  KingTitan's Titans would be different. lol

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Biggest difference is Andy Reid. 
Had a plan. 
Made him sit.
Different personality.

The next time the Bears develop a QB will be the first time. lol 
First time for everything, but I'm not hitching my wagon to Williams to break that trend. lol

But yeah, you know we can pull up the exact opposite of "can't miss guys" who missed entirely. lol

But the good thing is, I'll sleep easy at night either way because he isn't in the realm of possible for the Titans and I'm not the GM.  (Thankfully for all you mofos!)  KingTitan's Titans would be different. lol

That's not an argument against him, though. 

I've explained this before, but can't miss does not equal generational prospect, because there are no can't miss prospects. Ever. But there are a very few generational prospects that, by definition, don't come around often. Caleb is definitely generational. So was Mahomes. Thankfully for the Bears organization and fanbase (though some are too foolish to understand the benefit and rare opportunity), this ain't 2017 anymore (for most people, lol).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

That's not an argument against him, though. 

I've explained this before, but can't miss does not equal generational prospect, because there are no can't miss prospects. Ever. But there are a very few generational prospects that, by definition, don't come around often. Caleb is definitely generational. So was Mahomes. Thankfully for the Bears organization and fanbase (though some are too foolish to understand the benefit and rare opportunity), this ain't 2017 anymore (for most people, lol).

It's my argument tho. lol
Some evaluators have the hand size thing of prospects or length. 
For me, personality is a big thing. I'm turned off on his personality (from a distance). Might be great in person. but I don't like it. lol

Can't miss is still used in the draft-o-sphere. lol Generational is throw around too much. But I've seen Williams mentioned as one. 

For those that say he will has the makings of a great pro or starting QB in the league. I can agree with that. 

But for those that say he is a sure thing or a superstar in the making. I disagree. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For me, personality is a big thing. I'm turned off on his personality (from a distance). Might be great in person. but I don't like it. lol

Can't miss is still used in the draft-o-sphere. lol Generational is throw around too much. But I've seen Williams mentioned as one. 

For those that say he will has the makings of a great pro or starting QB in the league. I can agree with that. 

But for those that say he is a sure thing or a superstar in the making. I disagree. 

I agree 100% I’m on record of saying his success will depend on the front office & coaching staff 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

No, I'm saying that not having Andy Reid is not an argument against him, nor is that the Chicago Bears have been historically bad at developing QBs. Had they picked the generational prospect they had a shot at in 2017, we wouldn't have this conversation. Instead, they wanted Mitchell Trubisky. The equivalent of that in today's age would be picking JJ McCarthy 1st overall.

And sure, I like McCarthy myself, but that's just a stupid thing to do. It was back in 2017, it's 10x more so today, having seen what we saw with the likes of Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, and more recently Herbert or Love. Ceiling >>> else at QB, and Caleb's is considerably bigger than not only anyone else in this class, but that of most (if not all) prospects going back to at least 2017. Not to mention that his floor is also considerably higher than pretty much anyone on the list I've just named, including Mahomes, so you don't even need that big of leap of faith with him. Yeah, I just don't get it.

• Like 1

I get what @KingTitanis saying. The NFL has a certain culture in locker rooms and I'm all for do what makes you happy but it would not be surprising if some vets kinda look sideways at their QB wearing lip gloss and painting his finger nails and if some of the diva things are true, rubbing them the wrong way and whatnot. Sure if he goes out there and balls I'm sure it'll be fine but when times are hard it's really gonna be under a microscope how he acts and how they act towards him. Different generations and everything. Should be interesting to watch play out.

Edited by Justin615$
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I get what @KingTitanis saying. The NFL has a certain culture in locker rooms and I'm all for do what makes you happy but it would not he surprising if some vets kinda look sideways at their QB wearing lip gloss and painting his finger nails and if some of the diva things are true, rubbing them the wrong way and whatnot. Sure if he goes out there and balls I'm sure it'll be fine but when times are hard it's really gonna be under a microscope how he acts and how they act towards him. Different generations and everything. Should be interesting to watch play out.

Yeah what immediately came to mind was Vrabel. That way if coaching was great when winning. And it was still effective while losing. But last year we saw the real first cracks in it during losing. 

I can already see it:

"I wish we had a QB that put in as much work on his game as he does his brand!" 

Like it or not there is a perception of him out there by a little pocket. It will only grow if he doesn't live up to the "Superman" in his Twitter. 

Most of my issue with him is just the vibe I get from him. It's just something off. Not a fan of the play all the way but I see the talent and like every player I question his transition to the NFL in some areas. 

One more draft pet peeve.

"They are getting a guy they can pencil in for the next 10-15 years."
I think 8-9 years is actually the best case scenario for 90% of the picks. 

Lewan for as good as he was here only 8.
Kevin Byard 7.

Etc...