2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

22 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

worth more but i just can't justify a roster construction with both Deebo and Aiyuk on 20 mil+ salaries and if i had to choose i would always stick with the unicorn in Deebo. 

Ngl, that's insane to me considering the context of age, contract, play style and injury history and a couple of other factors

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ngl, that's insane to me considering the context of age, contract, play style and injury history and a couple of other factors

Plus his contribution to the offense since Aiyuk started to ascend and CMC was acquired. Deebo worked better when the niners had a QB that didn't want to throw past 10 yards.

If I'm paying Purdy and betting on his future, I'd want to keep him together with his best pass catcher for the foreseeable future. That's Aiyuk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Forge said:

55 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Plus his contribution to the offense since Aiyuk started to ascend and CMC was acquired. Deebo worked better when the niners had a QB that didn't want to throw past 10 yards.

If I'm paying Purdy and betting on his future, I'd want to keep him together with his best pass catcher for the foreseeable future. That's Aiyuk.

And yet every single time Deebo is hurt our offense seems to go stale and not really produce. I was 100% in the lets trade Deebo camp too when we had to negotiate his deal because Aiyuk is simply a a better WR(in the traditional sense). But the way our offense churns when Deebo is healthy is on another level and while Aiyuk is great and 100% deserves to be paid i don't feel his skill set is as irreplaceable as Deebo's is. Now we haven't seen how the offense moves when Aiyuk misses time because he simply has way less injuries and his playstyle naturally is less inclined to miss time but i just don't think he is worth the money in this current version of our offense. 

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

And yet every single time Deebo is hurt our offense seems to go stale and not really produce. I was 100% in the lets trade Deebo camp too when we had to negotiate his deal because Aiyuk is simply a a better WR(in the traditional sense). But the way our offense churns when Deebo is healthy is on another level and while Aiyuk is great and 100% deserves to be paid i don't feel his skill set is as irreplaceable as Deebo's is. Now we haven't seen how the offense moves when Aiyuk misses time because he simply has way less injuries and his playstyle naturally is less inclined to miss time but i just don't think he is worth the money in this current version of our offense. 

I  mean, his injury this year overlapped with trents injury. Last year he missed 4  games and the team scored 31, 37, 37, and 21. And that 21 was a short week with Brock playing on broken ribs 

• Like 2

Even this year, the offense was mostly undone by turnovers during his absence. Didn't think the offense struggled a crazy amount in that way against Minnesota and Cincinnati. 

Kyle has a pretty good history of  creating offenses without deebo, so I just can't buy that there's something that he does that makes him indispensable to the offense. 

A top 30 receiver is a top 30 receiver, I really don't care about how they get it done and I think that shanny can create a successful offense with that player regardless of how they succeed

I like deebo, but I just don't think being unique makes you more valuable or important. Had the same argument on juice. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I know they lost the 3 games when Deebo got hurt, but I remember how bad the defense played more than anything. The Minnesota game and Cincinnati game were the reasons Wilkes got moved to the sideline.(And probably when Kyle decided to get rid of him)

The future of this offense is with Brock Purdy as the QB. That means surrounding him with the best weapons and protection. If it comes to a decision between Aiyuk or Deebo for the next 5 years with Purdy, give me Aiyuk all day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What would realistically be offered and realistically be accepted by the 49ers?

20 + third + 5th next year for Aiyuk + fourth this year is a reasonable return to get you to pull the trigger. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I  mean, his injury this year overlapped with trents injury. Last year he missed 4  games and the team scored 31, 37, 37, and 21. And that 21 was a short week with Brock playing on broken ribs 

I feel its more in the games where Deebo does start but gets injured where our offense just doesn't click. Which for large part is on Kyle and maybe not having Deebo would help him in that.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Even this year, the offense was mostly undone by turnovers during his absence. Didn't think the offense struggled a crazy amount in that way against Minnesota and Cincinnati. 

Kyle has a pretty good history of  creating offenses without deebo, so I just can't buy that there's something that he does that makes him indispensable to the offense. 

A top 30 receiver is a top 30 receiver, I really don't care about how they get it done and I think that shanny can create a successful offense with that player regardless of how they succeed

I like deebo, but I just don't think being unique makes you more valuable or important. Had the same argument on juice. 

Oh i agree that in general Kyle will get the best out of a player(if the player buys in). The main thing i have with Deebo is that i feel he is one of the few guys on this team where Kyle actually schemes the offense around him and in most cases if Deebo is out you will see George or CMC get their stats inflated(Didn't check all games but it did for the ones i quickly scanned) and BA kind of stays similar with maybe a slight up tick. Could BA be the focal point of this offense? Sure but i just don't think he is the type of player that will be schemed for by Kyle. 

My main gripe with paying receivers 25+ million is that i just don't see the value when there is so much talent coming through college and the production is so heavily scheme and QB dependant. Like a 25-30 mil a year OT will in most cases produce relatively similar no matter what's around him. A 25-30 mil edge will usually produces relatively similar in almost every single defense. A 25-30 mil corner is a guy you put on an island with a receiver and expect to feel good about it. A receiver can have that impact but in most cases having 3/4 different options(including RB and TE)with different skillsets and a good O-line is way more important to having a good offense. 

But if we decide to extend BA i am also fine with it because it keeps a great player in this offense but in general i would fully support trading him(for the right price which to me is similar to what the Titans got for Brown). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

20 + third + 5th next year for Aiyuk + fourth this year is a reasonable return to get you to pull the trigger. 

Yeah that's a good return. I'd assume they could potentially package some picks to move up for a WR or OT. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I’m really digging like Jaheim Bell for Juice’s current role as a wing TE/slot/FB type. I just think you could get a lot more receiving juice from the routes that he’s been running. Theo Johnson or Erick All for the Kittle role, but I think Kittle getting a second extension, actually.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

All this Aiyuk trade talk has gotten me pretty upset……if they pull the trigger i will be triggered.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

All this Aiyuk trade talk has gotten me pretty upset……if they pull the trigger i will be triggered.

I try not to get attached to players with the salary cap, except for QB.  It's tough though. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1