2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

I've stopped watching the draft cuz its so over the top. The last draft i enjoyed watching was 2020 as it was a very basic production due to COVID, but hated that the nonstop sob stories 

Anyways, it looks like we addressed a lot of needs in FA/Draft- depth and/or future starters at QB, RB, WR, OG, DL, LB, CB, S

Didn't really address OT or TE depth so that might be shaky again in 2024. Lets also see how our LB room shapes up; can one of Winters, Graham & Bethune step up as a starter? 

• Like 1

My biggest draft takeaway is that we're definitely going to sign a viable starting safety or two sometime before TC rolls around.

Mustapha is strictly a STer imo. Or at least intially.

There's not a healthy safety with a pulse on the roster besides Tig at this current juncture.

Some moves will have to be made to shore up the back-end.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I've stopped watching the draft cuz its so over the top. The last draft i enjoyed watching was 2020 as it was a very basic production due to COVID, but hated that the nonstop sob stories 

Anyways, it looks like we addressed a lot of needs in FA/Draft- depth and/or future starters at QB, RB, WR, OG, DL, LB, CB, S

Didn't really address OT or TE depth so that might be shaky again in 2024. Lets also see how our LB room shapes up; can one of Winters, Graham & Bethune step up as a starter? 

I've found the best way to watch is with the YouTube stream of your choice. Past years I always watched pff and actually got in depth analysis on the players.. A lot of people raved about Belichick on the McAfee show, and there were dozens of other options.

I'd never go back to a TV network, it's stuffed full of commercials and limited talk about the actual picks

I guess you miss out on the commissioner and 1st rounders walking out.. but that's nothing I've ever cared about anyway

Edited by adamq
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Don't think I've watched a draft front, and center in 4 or 5 years. Just kept up with it on my phone, checking in while doing something else that day. When you realize that 95% of the players drafted won't be really remembered or talked about at all for years to come, the investment of time starts to lose it's shine. At least that's how I've felt the more the years stack. Maybe I'll try to be more plugged in next time, but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

49ers x3

Seattle x4

Pats x2

Saints x2

Giants x2

Jags x2

**Edit

I guess that is actually five Seahawks picks. I think I missed that Collier was on there

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

49ers x3

Seattle x4

Pats x2

Saints x2

Giants x2

Jags x2

It really bothers me how they organized that list. Just pure chaos, no rhyme or reason from what I can see.

• Like 3

Just now, GW21 said:

It really bothers me how they organized that list. Just pure chaos, no rhyme or reason from what I can see.

Maybe a little bit better reading comprehension would have helped lol.

Just now, GW21 said:

I was thinking that it was biggest to smallest reach, but they didn't disclose that so I can't say for sure lol

Just now, Forge said:

I was thinking that it was biggest to smallest reach, but they didn't disclose that so I can't say for sure lol

Yeah, after re-reading the text I think you are right.

Posted (edited)

Here are RJ Gillen and Tariq Ahmad's thoughts on the draft class.

They talk about the challenges of scouting players in college football, where transfers are becoming increasingly common. They mentioned that they have a great scouting department that gathers information from the previous schools the players attended.

Later, they discuss why the 49ers decided to target defensive ends in free agency and the draft. They saw a gap at that position on the board and decided to address it.

They are asked about any players they drafted that they did extra work on. They say that everyone gets a lot of publicity these days, so there wasn't anyone they hid. They did like bringing in guys for 30 visits to gather more information.

When asked about the offensive linemen they drafted, they say that versatility is a key trait they were looking for. They mentioned that both linemen they drafted played multiple spots in college, and they will likely start inside.

The video ends with Ahmad and Gillen discussing why they didn't draft any tackles, even though they needed them. They say there just weren't a lot of tackles that fit what they were looking for.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 4:42 PM, Forge said:

The biggest winner of this draft class is Cam latu. He should make the roster now lol

Maybe there is a blocking TE out there we can trade a WR or a RB for. 

On 4/27/2024 at 6:42 PM, Forge said:

The biggest winner of this draft class is Cam latu. He should make the roster now lol

I doubt it, lol. Think they're more likely to have a very budget older vet or a magic UDFA on the list than roster Cam. But hey, I am the man that loathed every bit of that pick at the time.