2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

58 minutes ago, JIllg said:
On 4/27/2024 at 4:42 PM, Forge said:

The biggest winner of this draft class is Cam latu. He should make the roster now lol

I doubt [that Latu will make the roster], lol. Think they're more likely to have a very budget older vet or a magic UDFA on the list than roster Cam. But hey, I am the man that loathed every bit of that pick at the time.

Would be a philosophical shift, but if Kittle goes down, we should just not put a backup TE on the field for more than 20-30% of the snaps. 

Can we say any of our non-kittle TEs are one of our best 11, or even best 13/14 offensive players? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Would be a philosophical shift, but if Kittle goes down, we should just not put a backup TE on the field for more than 20-30% of the snaps. 

Can we say any of our non-kittle TEs are one of our best 11, or even best 13/14 offensive players? 

Unless Willis comes around as a move TE / H back type that is doing more of Juice's role than Kittle's, I think if either or both of those dudes go down, the majority of their reps will go to WRs. We just have more competent players that we have invested in more heavily at WR.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

yeah Guerendo is also supposed to be an AMAZING pass protector too.  

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hopefully Deebo balls out! I mean for his future and the team success. I saw comments on the initial tweet saying he’s going to come in overweight and play slow if it’s not going to him. Doesn’t benefit him. 

Be mad all you want, but now is the time to prove your worth. I hope he can replicate 2021 at least 75% of it. We just have too many mouths to feed and don’t think he will get as many as he did that year. Stay healthy and we should be able to net us a good return. I would imagine his contract would be enticing at that point because all the other receivers at that time will be making 5-10mil more. 

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Hopefully Deebo balls out! I mean for his future and the team success. I saw comments on the initial tweet saying he’s going to come in overweight and play slow if it’s not going to him. Doesn’t benefit him. 

Be mad all you want, but now is the time to prove your worth. I hope he can replicate 2021 at least 75% of it. We just have too many mouths to feed and don’t think he will get as many as he did that year. Stay healthy and we should be able to net us a good return. I would imagine his contract would be enticing at that point because all the other receivers at that time will be making 5-10mil more. 

I agree with you. Here is what I said the other day:

On 4/26/2024 at 10:11 PM, N4L said:

One thing I will say is that this trade talk undoubtedly got Deebo's attention. He most assuredly wants to ink another big extension when/before his current deal expires. He just saw AJB get some years tacked on. 

There is only one way he can earn a new deal, beit here or somewhere else, and that is with a 15+ game season where he puts up 1300+ scrimmage yards. 

We didn't burn the bridge but Deebo is certainly feeling a little heat. We just told him that his seat was warm. Quasi-contract year Deebo incoming.

With jauan's emergence, and slicky Rick in the mix, I think we need to start using Deebo at RB to spell CMC. We have enough WRs now to where it makes sense to use Deebo at RB more frequently. 

We need to manage CMC's touches. He was real beat up last year. Idgaf if cmc doesn't like it, we need to do it. 

Deebo bulked up after 2021 and then midway through the 22 season we traded for CMC, which means we kinda stopped using him in that role. 

If that is not the plan, then I think he needs to slim down a little bit from where he has been the last two years. 

I want "best shape of his life" Deebo showing up to camp. Give me an off-season work out pic that turns heads. 

Do not discount the fact AJB got another 3 years added to his deal. They are super close friends and share an agent. It matters. IF Deebo gets traded, he will get his contract reworked. 

I think Deebo will be HIGHLY motivated this year. He isnt going to show up fat and fake an injury when he's under contract for 2 more years without a ton of guarantees. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gravity said:

IF we do trade deebo or aiyuk to them maybe we get a player back but i have no idea how the steelers roster looks like

It's crap. Tomlin is a genius to continually get that team in the play-offs.

25 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

It's crap. Tomlin is a genius to continually get that team in the play-offs.

They had the best draft ever lol.  It's a totally Steelers style draft too, from beginning to the end.  Total A+ from me. 

• Like 3

On 5/3/2019 at 8:24 AM, Forge said:

Bosa is largely a no brainer pick. He and QW were on their own tier separate from the rest of this class for most, and he played the bigger need. It's an easy A pick to me. 

Deebo was a guy I was a fan of, and I knew we were going to be as well. I commented in the Packers thread forum forever ago that I thought he was going to be the target at 36, and stuck with that throughout most of hte draft process. I thought maybe there was a chance we would like Brown more, but obviously that was not the case. Deebo was a fine pick for me, as I also liked Deebo, though I will admit that I did like Brown more. It's a solid B / B+ type  pick for me because the value was right, the player made a ton of sense, etc etc etc. 

Hurd in the third is where this gets interesting. He's a bit of a project, no doubt, but also, this is potentially one of the best landing spots in the NFL for him with Shanny. This is going to be a very intriguing pick. The question for me comes on how the roster construction comes, whether or not he's ready to contribute, etc. Selecting him in the third locks up his roster spot, and if we keep only 5 receivers, this becomes very interesting because I didn't think that Hurd was ready to come in and make a huge impact from an on field standpoint. I thought he would take a year or so. So if that is the case and we are only carrying 5, and as many as 3 of the others are potentially injury prone (Goodwin for sure, Pettis / Deebo certainly have some concern), that receiver corps could thin out in a hurry. So I get this pick...there is potentially huge upside in it, but for the immediate season, it does come with concern. 

Mitch Wishnowsky. We needed a punter, and he has been the best in college football. I hate older prospects, though it's not quite as bad when dealing with a punter. At least they moved down once to pick up some extra capital, but man, from a value standpoint, it's so hard to justify a punter in the 4th. And I was one of the few in the 49er forum advocating that we should spend a pick on a punter at some point in the draft. If it's a generational punter type prospect, I can understand a 5th (Dickson was a good example), but a 4th? Ugh. I mean, at best i'd give them a D from the value perspective, maybe a C- if you want to account for the trade down, but value wise, not a pick I can get behind. A 4th isn't the end of the world or anything, and if he's a legit punter, most really won't care in the end, but for right now? Just kind of blech. 

Dre Greenlaw in the 5th. Great dude. I'll start by saying that. Everything I have read about him just shows that he's got great character. But I did not like him as a prospect at all. There were others I preferred for sure. He's small, plays small. No attack dog to him at all. Chases the action rather than initiating it. Obviously, not going to be crushing a lot of fifth round picks in general, but just nothing to love here. 

Kaden Smith in the 6th was solid. Not great, but the pick makes a lot of sense. Hopefully will be a great red zone target in a niche role to start off. My hope is that maybe he can become sort of a poor man's Cameron Brate. 

Justin Skule in the 6th round. I'll never hate on adding to the trenches in the back rounds for projects. He's got a lot of experience, so there's that. Seems like a typical 6th round pick, nothing more or less. 

Tim Harris in the 6th round. Again, makes sense. Older than I like to draft, bad injury history (just like everyone else the 49ers acquire), but he's got an athletic upside you take shots on. 

Black Kid GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

• Like 5