2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

I've been seeing a lot of pushback against Aiyuk for his latest stunt. I even saw a notification from Rap Sheet on the NFL app this morning basically calling BS on his stunt. 

I don't think he's getting the public backing like him and his agent hoped. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I've been seeing a lot of pushback against Aiyuk for his latest stunt. I even saw a notification from Rap Sheet on the NFL app this morning basically calling BS on his stunt. 

Its hard to feel bad for someone who's been offered 26m/year. Especially when the best player on the team just signed a deal for 15.5 over 4, half of what Aiyuk apparently wants

• Like 1

Back in 2020, Marathe and Kittle's agent began negotiations in February and the negotiation ended immediately. Kittle's agent made it clear his client wanted to be paid as a WR. Extension was completed in early August.

7 hours ago, adamq said:

Its hard to feel bad for someone who's been offered 26m/year. Especially when the best player on the team just signed a deal for 15.5 over 4, half of what Aiyuk apparently wants

I agree with the "hard to feel bad" part, as it's hard to feel bad for anyone making even 9 figures in any profession, let alone one many would consider a dream. The second part is a matter of positional value, and as they don't play the same position, it's not really a great comparison. If the best player on the team was a kicker, you wouldn't keep jettisoning the second best players because they asked for more than $6M/year. It's unfortunate for CMC, but that's just the NFL.

If I am Aiyuk, I see the  guy opposite me who I just significantly outproduced for the last two seasons accounting for $28M against the cap this year on a contract worth about $24M annually, and I am not sure I am willing to merely take $26M/year at that point either.

Edited by y2lamanaki
Better clarity
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If I am Aiyuk, I see the  guy opposite me who I just significantly outproduced for the last two seasons accounting for $28M against the cap this year on a contract worth about $24M annually, and I am not sure I am willing to merely take $26M/year at that point either

Thats a good point and I don't necessarily disagree, nor do I have any ill will towards BA for what he is doing. In my mind this is just the SOP for players who want a new deal these days. The only thing that would actually annoy me is if he publicly requests a trade a la Deebo. To me that is a step too far & almost a direct middle finger to the team and fans.. Though I am probably old man yelling at clouds with that one 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I agree with the "hard to feel bad" part, as it's hard to feel bad for anyone making even 9 figures in any profession, let alone one many would consider a dream. The second part is a matter of positional value, and as they don't play the same position, it's not really a great comparison. If the best player on the team was a kicker, you wouldn't keep jettisoning the second best players because they asked for more than $6M/year. It's unfortunate for CMC, but that's just the NFL.

If I am Aiyuk, I see the  guy opposite me who I just significantly outproduced for the last two seasons accounting for $28M against the cap this year on a contract worth about $24M annually, and I am not sure I am willing to merely take $26M/year at that point either.

Yea, it's basically down to either you want BA or you want Deebo.

You can't afford both at the going rate and BA is making it clear he won't take less to 'keep the band together'.

And he's well within his right to do so because there are teams who would gladly give him what he wants.

It's just a matter of how Lynch & Shanny want to proceed at this juncture.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adamq said:

Thats a good point and I don't necessarily disagree, nor do I have any ill will towards BA for what he is doing. In my mind this is just the SOP for players who want a new deal these days. The only thing that would actually annoy me is if he publicly requests a trade a la Deebo. To me that is a step too far & almost a direct middle finger to the team and fans.. Though I am probably old man yelling at clouds with that one 😂

Yep - basically the same thing here. Hated the public trade request by Deebo and rolled my eyes at Aiyuk's "they don't want me" video, but it's just what happens now and I don't even bother reading any of the articles about any of our negotiations anymore. The deal will get done, though maybe after another month or two of everyone being in their feels (yep - possibly two everyone - get your bodies ready for it). 

• Like 6

On 6/18/2024 at 8:06 AM, NinerNation21 said:

Well fans are getting tired of dudes going to social media - it's lame  and dramatic and childish.  Bosa didn't do it, Kittle didn't, Warner didn't (I believe), CMC didn't, etc.  People want guys in their mid to late 20s to act like men, not children. 

The second issue is that he blatantly lied.  This is not politics - you can't just lie your way into favor.  By saying "they don't want me" he's totally lying and everyone knows it.  The Niners would never say that, so to say that's what they said and put it on camera is incredibly weak.  The Niners are negotiating and so is Aiyuk's side, and everyone knows it - there was no reason for him to post this type of nonsense. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, it's basically down to either you want BA or you want Deebo.

You can't afford both at the going rate and BA is making it clear he won't take less to 'keep the band together'.

And he's well within his right to do so because there are teams who would gladly give him what he wants.

It's just a matter of how Lynch & Shanny want to proceed at this juncture.

well, keep him affordable for this year and tag next year.  Let him walk after that, maximize the team for now.  Hopefully Pearsall shows that he belongs in the league.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, burlow said:

well, keep him affordable for this year and tag next year.  Let him walk after that, maximize the team for now.  Hopefully Pearsall shows that he belongs in the league.

I've stated before that as much as I like BA and his game, I'd be more inclined to try and find a cheaper alternative.

I just believe this offense is too WR-friendly and the ability to put up numbers in this scheme will be a consistent thing now the QB position is less of a question.

Hopefully Pearsall shows something that makes that line of thinking tangible.

More than likely though, my hope is that both Pearsall AND Cowing can replace BA's production by 2025.

4 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

By saying "they don't want me" he's totally lying and everyone knows it. 

Not to defend the video because I found it super lame, but you don't know this for certain.

Aiyuk could have said "If you want me back this year, you will accept my recent counter proposal". Then the niners rejected it, and now aiyuk can say "they dont want me back". That is a bit disingenuous on his part, but it is not lying. 

• Like 1

Would the Niners accept this trade proposal?

49ers receive: Patriots 2025 2nd round pick, Patriots 2025 4th round pick, Kendrick Bourne

Patriots receive: 49ers 2025 4th round pick, Brandon Aiyuk

7 minutes ago, Apparition said:

49ers receive: Patriots 2025 2nd round pick, Patriots 2025 4th round pick, Kendrick Bourne

I would not. 

I think the 49ers can tag Aiyuk next year and get a second in trade, so the offer of a swap of 4ths and Bourne does nothing to get me to move him now and make their chances at the super bowl worse. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

no, the 49ers can use Aiyuk to maximize the next 2 years even if he doesnt sign.  That does not help the immediate future.  Use him for 2 years then get the compensary 3rd if nothing else.

• Like 1