Cardinals placing Adrian Peterson on injured reserve

Small Town Values

Peterson49ersMAIN.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000893089/article/cardinals-placing-adrian-peterson-on-injured-reserve

Adrian Peterson's season is over.

The Arizona Cardinals are placing the veteran running back on injured reserve, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Peterson has missed the last two games with a neck injury.

ESPN first reported the development.

Methinks Peterson won't be in the league for much longer. 

It's kind of unfortunate how Peterson's career has panned out since the 2,000 yard season.  1 year ended due to suspension.  1 year ended due to injury.  This year was filled with underwhelming play and injuries.  He'll "only" finish with 7 1,000 yard seasons for his career, which obviously isn't terrible but disappointing when you thought he might make a push to be compared to the near consensus top three (Payton, Sanders, Brown).  

Still one of the greatest players I have been able to see.  Kind of hope he decides to call it quits though.  Not much value left and his body seems to be breaking down.

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I wonder if that entire child beating scandal keeps him out of Canton. I feel like if that thing had happened to a similar player in the 80's, they would still be a HOF lock. In this age I'm guessing no.

Probably not. He just won't be a first ballot HOFer.

I wonder if he calls it quits now..

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I wonder if that entire child beating scandal keeps him out of Canton. I feel like if that thing had happened to a similar player in the 80's, they would still be a HOF lock. In this age I'm guessing no.

There are other players in the HOF who are anything but altar boys so I doubt that scandal will keep him out.

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Got to think his career is over now. Guy had a good career and probably will make the Hall of Fame.

Probably? He's a shoe-in. May not be first ballot, but if Lawrence Taylor can get it despite being a coke-snorting pedophile, I don't see why AP can't get in.

Archived