***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

While I agree RT is like the worst way to measure a movie I think this is very debatable. The clear and obvious divisiveness of the movie matters. It's not a bad movie but I think that keeps it from ever being considered a great movie. I hated Looper so I'm not high on Rian Johnson at all. Though I guess top 20 isn't really that glowing of praise.

If you hated Looper, your opinion doesn't matter.  Not 100% serious, but you have terrible taste in movies. 

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If you hated Looper, your opinion doesn't matter.  Not 100% serious, but you have terrible taste in movies. 

Looper is awesome.  Probably my top JGL movie, and a top 3 Bruce Willis movie.  Still haven't seen Brick, really need to see that.

Without that "5 minute" head start, the leadership of the resistance is dead.  They can recruit an army, they can't replace the leadership and the will of the main characters though.

12 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Clear something up for me. Luke says the Jedi need to die...then the movie ends with him basically inferring that Rey is a Jedi and then we get the scene with that kid...right?

Rey and her unrelenting belief in both the Jedi Order and the Legend of Luke Skywalker flips how Luke feels. He has given up, he tries to instill that in her, and she rebuffs him at every turn. She proves to him that she understands what the force is, and that she will be a defender of that, not try to claim it like the new age of Jedi had done. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Rey and her unrelenting belief in both the Jedi Order and the Legend of Luke Skywalker flips how Luke feels. He has given up, he tries to instill that in her, and she rebuffs him at every turn. She proves to him that she understands what the force is, and that she will be a defender of that, not try to claim it like the new age of Jedi had done. 

Ok...so essentially the title of the movie is still relevant. The Jedi as we knew them are no more, Rey is bringing about a "new order" in a sense.

23 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Ok...so essentially the title of the movie is still relevant. The Jedi as we knew them are no more, Rey is bringing about a "new order" in a sense.

Again, disclaimer, this is how I took it. She is the beacon of hope that the Jedi (and indirectly the Resistance) needs to keep going

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Wait, what scene with a kid?

The kid at the end of the movie who pulls the broom handle to himself. 

I doubt we see that exact kid become a character, he likely just stands for the idea that there are other force sensitive people out in the galaxy willing to learn the ways of the Jedi.

Archived