***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

11 hours ago, Tyty said:

I just hope they can somehow write her out in the next one early so it isn't glaring and annoying CGI like with tarkin and young leia. People that didn't know it was cgi didn't seem to notice but people that did it was kinda an eyesore imo tbh

I don't know how people didn't notice.  It was creepy.

• 1 month later...

So I'm thinking maybe we can eventually get some answers. Make a knights of ren movie that leads to them being under the employ of snoke. Then we can get snokes story and get more of a feel for kylos character. Eh? Eh? Eh?

14 hours ago, Tyty said:

So I'm thinking maybe we can eventually get some answers. Make a knights of ren movie that leads to them being under the employ of snoke. Then we can get snokes story and get more of a feel for kylos character. Eh? Eh? Eh?

didn't dumberdore kill snoke?

On 4/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, Darth Pees said:

wtf why

Because Meryl Streep is a terrific actress and would be one of the few people that could deliver a performance that could rival Fisher. She’s also possessed of enough facial similarities that with the right makeup and outfitting the differences might not be too noticeable between the two.

Also from a plot standpoint, it seemed clear that Star Wars wanted to have a very Princess Leia centric plot. So the death of Fisher means a) the death of that plot AND Leia’s character b) a changed plot not involving Leia or c) keep the plot, keep Leia, just replace the actress.

The only negative is Fisher is iconic. But we’ve seen character changes before within huge franchises and not all were so smooth, yet we accepted them. Iron Man 2 comes to mind with Rhode/War Machine going from Terrence Howard (tall and light skin) to Don Cheadle  (short and dark skin). Which is why I don’t have any strong affinity for every Iron Man movie after the first one (for what they did to TH not because of quality) and didn’t see them in theaters.

Regardless, it’s worked for the franchise. So Streep could work in Fisher’s stead, especially because it would be done out of respect for Fisher and Fisher’s character that only such a decorated performer could play her role.

A lot of times, when a movie I liked is panned by audiences, I start to emphasize with the complaints.  Not the case with Last Jedi.  I will grant two acceptable complaints: Leia's force return to the ship, and the Rose character.  Otherwise, Last Jedi was THE most important movie in Luke's development as a character.  Not even Mark Hamill gets it because Mark Hamill looks at Luke through rose colored glasses.  I still stand by my assessment that Luke never grew up, and Last Jedi was the movie that turned him from a petulant child into a man and a true Jedi master. 

All through the original trilogy, Luke was fight, fight, fight and he could not be talked out of it.  He was impatient all throughout A New Hope.  Wouldn't help his guardians, complained about not being able to go with his friends and leave Tattooine, questioned Obi Wan, jeopardized his friends by shooting at Vader (and giving away their escape attempt).  In Empire Strikes Back, he neglected his Jedi training and constantly gave up, doubted and refused to trust Yoda.  In Return of the Jedi, he was cocky, arrogant and acted like he knew everything without ever having returned to complete his training with Yoda.  Called himself a Jedi Master to Jabba, and acted all kinds of smug.  Nearly got himself killed.  Nearly got R2 and C3PO into eternal servitude.  He kept telling himself he wouldn't fight, wouldn't fight, wouldn't fight.  Sidius played him like a fiddle and got him to fight.  He used rage and anger to fight Vader.  Throughout the entire original trilogy, he was impulsive and acted on emotions without ever thinking, and he FREQUENTLY gave in to the dark side of the force.  He was goaded into fighting Vader twice in Return of the Jedi.  Once by Sidius, once by Vader when Vader threatened to go after Leia.  In spite of all of this, fans and Hamill himself think his poop didn't stink.  It did, and I was one of the few who never really liked Luke because of this impulsive behavior. 

Between the original trilogy and this trilogy, he suffered with his impulsive decision making again.  He got frightened by Ben's pure power.  He looked into his mind, saw something frightening, and ON INSTINCT, he started his lightsaber with the briefest moment of weakness, he was going to kill Ben.  His impulsive nature has been shown COUNTLESS times throughout the original trilogy.  People refuse to accept this BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BOTHER TO LISTEN TO WHAT WAS SAID IN THE MOVIE.  Luke admitted that he had the BRIEFEST moment of doubt in which he started his lightsaber.  That's it.  The flashback and Luke's own words confirm that he changed his mind the moment he started his lightsaber.  Ben didn't know that.  All Ben saw was Luke standing over him with a lightsaber. 

What did Luke do next?  He blamed himself and went into a dark depression.  Essentially, he pouted.  Just like he did throughout the entire original trilogy.  This is nothing new.  He wasn't grown up, he was putting on his big boy robes without actually earning them.  When Yoda comes back, even Yoda calls him "Young Skywalker."  Why would Yoda call him "Young Skywalker," if Luke was mature and an adult?  He wouldn't.  Yoda taunted Luke's pouting by burning the temple Luke thought the sacred texts were kept in order to prove a point.  Luke learns it's not all about fighting and rushing into action.  He sacrifices himself for the Resistance without even pretending to fight.  It was the end of an arc that started with A New Hope, and Luke finally turned into a mature Jedi Master. 

The Last Jedi wasn't about Rey or Finn or Poe or Ben, it was the end to Luke's arc, just like Force Awakens ended Han's story. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe something maybe nothing. But fair warning. This has potential spoilers. A possible leaked plot to Episode 9.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-plot-leak-explained/

I won't say anything more for obvious reasons with people hating spoilers. But for those of you who don't care. Here is this supposed leak and for those that do. I would watch what you read on reddit and other places.

Ok I know I wouldn't post spoilers but I gotta admit. This plot actually sounds kinda similar to the one I said could only work to actually make the movie work.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Maybe something maybe nothing. But fair warning. This has potential spoilers. A possible leaked plot to Episode 9.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-plot-leak-explained/

I won't say anything more for obvious reasons with people hating spoilers. But for those of you who don't care. Here is this supposed leak and for those that do. I would watch what you read on reddit and other places.

Hide contents

Ok I know I wouldn't post spoilers but I gotta admit. This plot actually sounds kinda similar to the one I said could only work to actually make the movie work.

That sounds worse than The Last Jedi...if that's even possible

32 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

That sounds worse than The Last Jedi...if that's even possible

Could be. But if this takes place like right after TLJ i'm not even sure I will see it until it comes to DVD. Kylo Ren at this point is just a Joffery Baratheon and Rey just sucks.

Archived