***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

TLJ isn't as original as some people claim IMO. A number of the story beats are very similar to ESB. 

No, that can’t be the case. Because I’ve been told it completely disregarded everything about the OT and TFA.

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

TLJ isn't as original as some people claim IMO. A number of the story beats are very similar to ESB. 

TLJ is actually more derivative than TFA, which was criticized for being derivative. Go figure...

I rewatched TLJ, and again, it is at best an okay movie.

Rose is just terrible. In every sense of the word, she is just terrible. Disney states that they don't know what their characters look like before they hire the actor (This was made very clear with Rey and Finn) but I never believed that for a second. A gender neutral name does not change that. They are simply going for the more "progressive" look, but they lie through their teeth.

and so, we get Rose, who can't act at all, just to appeal to a certain group of people who eat that stuff up.

Give me a break!

Mods, I hope I'm not crossing the line with this. Just need to vent a bit. I fully believe in hiring the best possible actor for a role, and keeping diversity well and alive, but Disney is doing it so wrong. 

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Then the Girl with the Purple Hair 'Vice Admiral Holdo' was one of the mail villains in the movie, or at least the middle part she was made to be that, why else would she have Purple hair, that is why. And how pathetic of a plot is that, she is a 'good guy', oh but no oh but wait yes she is, she did it for the best of them all, oh how crazy of a story line. 

After re-watching the movie, i was wondering what the point of that was.  Why couldn't she tell the rest of her team what the plan was?  Why make it secret?  Just to have the Poe mutiny scenes?

52 minutes ago, theJ said:

After re-watching the movie, i was wondering what the point of that was.  Why couldn't she tell the rest of her team what the plan was?  Why make it secret?  Just to have the Poe mutiny scenes?

Yeah, it's not a great position they wrote her character into.  I get that Poe is on a need to know basis and she was trying to teach him restraint, but knowing he's very rash and impulsive she should have seen issues coming up and just told him once the mutiny was taking place.

15 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

No, that can’t be the case. Because I’ve been told it completely disregarded everything about the OT and TFA.

Well it sort of did make up its own rules and pretty much disregarded everything from TFA so you got that part right. 

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I imagine she told all the people who needed to know because they were relevant to the plan. That’s how the military works. If you don’t need to know, you aren’t told, no matter how important you think you are. Learn restraint, learn your place, and show me I can trust you after your long history if going rogue.

They made it a secret because they don’t know how they got tracked through hyperspace. Did they get tracked with some hereto unknown tech or did someone in their fleet clue them in? Hence, only tell your plan to people you know you can explicitly trust. Remember, they had to come up with it on the fly after the FO fleet followed them through the jump, so it’s not like there was a ton of time for debriefing everybody on the ship. It makes perfect sense if you can get around the idea that Poe is the star which makes us think everything should revolve around him.

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I assume some of your are fans of Blade Runner 2049?  To me obviously, that film is a damn insult to the original Blade Runner and should have never been made.

I like your best movie list and I loved the original Blade Runner - never saw the sequel. Why was it bad?

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:
18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I assume some of your are fans of Blade Runner 2049?  To me obviously, that film is a damn insult to the original Blade Runner and should have never been made.

I like your best movie list and I loved the original Blade Runner - never saw the sequel. Why was it bad?

i find it interesting why people think Blade Runner is good.

technically, its a masterpiece...but its so damn boring 

17 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

“Disney hasn’t made good movies since Finding Nemo

*Posts list including Pirates (the first one was a ton of fun), The Incredibles, National Treasure (Nic Cage or no, it’s a fun, solid movie), WALL-E, Up (frickin’ Up!?), Toy Story 3 (!?), Wreck-It Ralph, and other awesome kids movies like Frozen, Moana, Brave, Cars, and Coco.

?

Seriously. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but yours is god awful.

The bolded were quite good, but Frozen? Frozen?? Trash.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

technically, its a masterpiece...but its so damn boring

First time I watched it, I thought it was okay. My girlfriend fell asleep. Oddly the same thing happened with 2001: A Space Odyssey. Then I re-watched both films, and then again. You get more out of them.

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Because they believed there was a spy onboard feeding information. 

Archived