***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

By the people who needed to know, not everybody in the Alliance. That’s his point.

Except the point does not make sense considering how the Alliance has always handled it. You say people who needed to know. in TLJ it seemed only Leia and Holdo knew of the plan. Where is in ANH, ESB, ROTJ, even TFA there was a whole group discussion, and announcement.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Except the point does not make sense considering how the Alliance has always handled it. You say people who needed to know. in TLJ it seemed only Leia and Holdo knew of the plan. Where is in ANH, ESB, ROTJ, even TFA there was a whole group discussion, and announcement.

I mean, obviously other people knew. Holdo and Leia aren't transferring fuel from the ship to the escape pods and prepping the escape pods to depart on their own. They're not flying the main ship close enough to Crait to evacuate there themselves. They're not piloting or navigating the pods to Crait themselves. They're not directly handling the evacuation alone either. There are guards with Holdo ready to detain Poe when he discovers the plan. Hell, they could've had a big town hall style meeting about the plan with a mix of engineers, navigators, alliance leadership, etc. Just like you wouldn't have the guy who fuels up the ships in a meeting about an attack run on the death star, you don't need a fighter pilot in a meeting about fueling up some escape pods.

Plenty of people knew the plan. There's no reason to assume no one did, aside from the fact that Poe was shouting non-stop about not knowing the plan. And it's important to remember that when Poe acts as though he speaks for the whole resistance, he doesn't. All the times he shouts tell us you have a plan, he really means tell him the plan. And Poe's reaction once he finds out strongly justifies them not telling him in the first place. Combined with the fact that his role in the resistance as a fighter pilot makes him really just a regular person needing evacuated in that particular plan. He has no greater role there. He just seems important enough to know to us because he thinks he is and talks like he is, and he's a main character.

When they discovered the FO could track them thru hyperspace, I immediately thought there was a traitor.  I think they missed a fantastic opportunity to use that subplot.  That would explain Holdo refusing to tell Poe the plan.  It would also explain Poe’s distrust for Holdo if he thought she could be the mole.  And yes, he was demoted but he’s their best pilot.  Arguably the best fighter pilot ever!  He deserved to know the plan.  

The traitor angle could’ve eliminated the stupid subplot to find a hacker to eliminate the tracking. How’d they have a schematic to Snoke’s ship anyway?  Finn was never on there anyway.  Instead of Finn and Rose on a stupid mission, have them tussle over the escape pod and have them accidentally jettisoned. Then they have to find their way back somehow.  Use that to have Finn discover the moral gray the universe inhabits.  

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

When they discovered the FO could track them thru hyperspace, I immediately thought there was a traitor.  I think they missed a fantastic opportunity to use that subplot.  That would explain Holdo refusing to tell Poe the plan.  It would also explain Poe’s distrust for Holdo if he thought she could be the mole.  And yes, he was demoted but he’s their best pilot.  Arguably the best fighter pilot ever!  He deserved to know the plan.  

The traitor angle could’ve eliminated the stupid subplot to find a hacker to eliminate the tracking. How’d they have a schematic to Snoke’s ship anyway?  Finn was never on there anyway.  Instead of Finn and Rose on a stupid mission, have them tussle over the escape pod and have them accidentally jettisoned. Then they have to find their way back somehow.  Use that to have Finn discover the moral gray the universe inhabits.  

I think Star Wars would rather play the stupid good vs bad guys theme than anything that requires intellectual thought like you are suggesting.

Image result for purple hair girl in star wars worst character ever

Diversity in the cast is great when needed, but at least find people who can act to get those demographic audience dollars.  Maybe they should take a clue from Snowpiercer.  Get someone like Kang-ho Song or Ko Asung but no that would not be PG enough.  That cast in Snowpiercer is very diverse but it is not the first thing you notice because it is well acted and casted properly, not to mention a unique storyline, so it seems not so forced and obvious...

Obviously the main purpose of a few on here is to defend this crap, you get paid for Disney under the table or something to do this?  Because it cannot be because of your absolute love of these films.  To dissect such an awful character, well it is like dissecting Hayden Christensen scenes in Star Wars Attack of the Clones...  Oh why did he say this, when really who cares because the casting was so terrible almost everything he has to say in the film is meaningless because he cannot play the part.  

On 7/13/2018 at 4:31 PM, Calvert28 said:

There’s no indication only Holdo and Leia knew. There’s only the indication that Poe and some others didn’t know.

Just now, fretgod99 said:

There’s no indication only Holdo and Leia knew. There’s only the indication that Poe and some others didn’t know.

You're right. But those are the only facts that we have. To top it off, to have Poe be able to go against Leia's order's and to have so many follow him to the dreadnought, it obviously show a tremendous amount of respect he has among the resistance. Leia of all people, these people decided to go with him against her orders to return to the ship.

He carries alot of weight there, and yet no one let him in on the plan? Let him know anything about it? One can assume the people that knew could probably be counted on one hand. There was very little that he would not know about on that ship. He still had enough respect to create a mutiny. That should tell you something about how many people knew of the plan.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

What’s wrong with “Let go of my hand”? Seems pretty fitting and in-character to me.

One was stupid, the other was just annoying and had me rolling my eyes. I get the line, but it was not needed. Let the action do the talking.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

That's actually one of his better lines. But at least it was better then "Let go of my hand!"

Its the go-to example of a line that wouldn't sound better regardless of who played Anakin. DiCaprio, Christensen, me; it would sound weird regardless. Although when I rewatched the prequels before TFA I realized that it actually makes sense with the story, since the sand people kill his mom (I was a few mojitos deep by the 2nd movie so maybe it doesn't actually make that much sense)

Just now, James said:

Its the go-to example of a line that wouldn't sound better regardless of who played Anakin. DiCaprio, Christensen, me; it would sound weird regardless. Although when I rewatched the prequels before TFA I realized that it actually makes sense with the story, since the sand people kill his mom (I was a few mojitos deep by the 2nd movie so maybe it doesn't actually make that much sense)

It sounded far better coming from you James. :P

Archived