***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

One was stupid, the other was just annoying and had me rolling my eyes. I get the line, but it was not needed. Let the action do the talking.

Even so, you can’t pretend that’s anywhere near as bad as anything in the prequels. I’ll take a thousand stop holding my hands over any of the terrible, wooden love scenes from the prequels. Natalie Portman knows how to act and even she couldn’t save that dreck.

2 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Even so, you can’t pretend that’s anywhere near as bad as anything in the prequels. I’ll take a thousand stop holding my hands over any of the terrible, wooden love scenes from the prequels. Natalie Portman knows how to act and even she couldn’t save that dreck.

Meh I dunno. "Do you have a shirt you can put on?" *feign embarrassment* I think they are both neck and neck with several of their scenes.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Meh I dunno. "Do you have a shirt you can put on?" *feign embarrassment* I think they are both neck and neck with several of their scenes.

A lot of the cringe in the new ones is their attempt to add humor and lighten the mood (admittedly it is overdone in a lot of places), whereas the prequels were trying to be more serious but just had awkward lines.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:23 PM, fretgod99 said:

I'll take the prequels awkwardness over Disney the "funny" stuff we got in TFA and TLJ.

I thought Solo did a good job though. There were funnies in that!

59 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'll take the prequels awkwardness over Disney the "funny" stuff we got in TFA and TLJ.

I thought Solo did a good job though. There were funnies in that!

yeah, TLJ went way too GotG on the humor

just felt out of place in a SW movie

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, TLJ went way too GotG on the humor

just felt out of place in a SW movie

The way I feel about it seems somewhat illogical...but I think I wouldn't mind it if I actually found those gags funny. Most of them just fall flat for me, or they just overindulge and the bit goes on too long (the one where Chewy cooks up the little island critter and the other ones look on in horror is probably the biggest offender of the latter).

See i actually enjoyed most of the humor. 

Im curious, where do you guys fall:

1. Didn't like the humor in any way shape or form

2. Didnt like the humor BECAUSE it was out of place in a SW film

3. Liked the humor, but felt like it was out of place in the SW film

4. Liked the humor, SW film or not

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Some of it was fine. The very beginning jokes between Poe and Hux were not good imo. Threw me off from the start. I usually find Finn('s reactions) to be funny, and BB-8 always makes me smile. Yoda is the best.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:27 PM, Calvert28 said:

The worst still belongs to TFA, in the scene where the Alliance were discussing how to attack the new Death Star. It sounded like a video game tutorial explanation meant for an 8 year old gamer.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

1. the humor simply wasnt funny and was forced

*the on hold thing with Poe at the beginning

*rey and luke meet and she gives the light saber. cue the dramatic music and rey smiling, and then undercut by luke tossing it over his shoulder. that joke fell with a thud

Just watched this video today, the guy makes some really interesting points especially about hyperspace and the use of it in this movie, also mentions topics already covered in here, an interesting look at the movie.  Sure one sided but hard to argue against it.  And Rian Johnson really did mess this thing up, he made some solid films in Brick and Looper, but is on deck for the next Star Wars?  Clearly Sci Fi epics are not his thing and he made some flat out bad choices in The Last Jedi.  Even the original three Star Wars movies, IV, V and VI all had different directors in each, you had your turn now move on.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Just watched this video today, the guy makes some really interesting points especially about hyperspace and the use of it in this movie, also mentions topics already covered in here, an interesting look at the movie.  Sure one sided but hard to argue against it.  And Rian Johnson really did mess this thing up, he made some solid films in Brick and Looper, but is on deck for the next Star Wars?  Clearly Sci Fi epics are not his thing and he made some flat out bad choices in The Last Jedi.  Even the original three Star Wars movies, IV, V and VI all had different directors in each, you had your turn now move on.  

Honestly I am really beginning to think that Kamikaze attack by Holdo was a mistake too by Rian. I know people will say once again im hating. But now the question comes up, well if one ship like that can do that much damage, why hasn't this been a common thing for Rebels or really anyone to just go Eve Online against all these titan class vessals whenever they were outmatched?

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

*rey and luke meet and she gives the light saber. cue the dramatic music and rey smiling, and then undercut by luke tossing it over his shoulder. that joke fell with a thud

I'm not sure this one was supposed to be funny. Most people in the theater laughed but people are dumb. I think his move of rejecting the light saber made sense for his character though.

2 minutes ago, James said:

I'm not sure this one was supposed to be funny. Most people in the theater laughed but people are dumb. I think his move of rejecting the light saber made sense for his character though.

the scene was played for comedy.

the dramatic music and then the music cut and he throws the light saber behind him

Archived