Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

3 guys I'm hitching my wagon to:

1. Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa: He has great length, and aside from perhaps Denzel Ward, is the best Man to Man coverage corner in the draft. He has a knack for making plays (OSU, WIsconsin) and is pretty physical. I'm not sure how he'll test, but I like his competitiveness, instincts, and the fact that he plays solid man to man coverage. If somehow he doesn't test well and falls out of the 1st round, I think a team is going to be getting a steal

2. James Washington, WR Ok State: He has nice size, the ability to win 50/50 balls, is explosive, and has great hands. Some will criticize him for being in a system that doesn't run too many routes, but he'll be fine. Worst case scenario as a rookie he'll be an immediate Red Zone threat. I think that he's also going to be pretty solid after the catch. He's my favorite WR in the draft.

3. Sam Darnold, QB USC: Some have been pretty critical of him this year, but he's gotten better as the season has gone, cleaned up his release time with his "different" throwing motion by 17% this year, and is missing his best weapons from last year. I like his size, arm strength, and he's more accurate than most give him credit for. Playing in a pro style offense is also a nice plus for him. Hopefully he declares so my Browns draft him. 

There are 4 pro bowl QB's in this draft, maybe more

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Mayfield

4. Jackson

--Maybe Benkert & Allen

MJ Stewart is going in the first 40 picks.

Calvin Ridley will rip apart the combine and go in the top 10 (might not be a hot take).

Deon Cain will go in the mid 1st.

If Jerome Baker declares, he goes in the 1st round.

Nick Nelson CB Wisconsin if he declares will be the best CB in this class.

Philip Lindsay RB Colorado is this years Kareem Hunt. 

Derwin James is drafted as a linebacker similar to Shaq Thompson. 

Allen Lazard is picked before Calvin Ridley and Auden Tate. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Nick Nelson CB Wisconsin if he declares will be the best CB in this class.

Philip Lindsay RB Colorado is this years Kareem Hunt. 

Derwin James is drafted as a linebacker similar to Shaq Thompson. 

Allen Lazard is picked before Calvin Ridley and Auden Tate. 

Interesting. I have Nick Nelson behind Denzel Ward and Josh Jackson in the B1G Conference, let alone draft.

The first 4 picks will be QBs due to trading up from various teams.

Those 4 QBs (In order selected) will be 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Josh Rosen, 3. Josh Allen, and 4. Baker Mayfield.

------------------------------------------------

Also, Bradley Chubb will be the first non-QB taken in the draft.

....And....Saquon Barkley will fall to the 10-14 range due to high evaluations of the rest of the RB pool.

10 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The first 4 picks will be QBs due to trading up from various teams.

Those 4 QBs (In order selected) will be 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Josh Rosen, 3. Josh Allen, and 4. Baker Mayfield.

------------------------------------------------

Also, Bradley Chubb will be the first non-QB taken in the draft.

Explain how these are hot takes.

I have one that's still  a work in progress: Tyrell Crosby is the best tackle prospect in this class.

20 hours ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Browns will take Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen as they know Rosen and Darnold won't want to play for them. Lamar Jackson will destroy the combine.

If the Browns take Josh Allen in the top 5 I'll officially quit watching.

1. Darnold will declare and the Browns will draft him at #1 over Rosen who seems to be the favorite right now.

2. Denzel Ward will be the first CB taken and be taken top 10

3. Darnold, Rosen and only one other QB not named Mayfield will be taken in the top half of the 1st

4. The Sam amount of interior lineman and tackles will be drafted in the 1st

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Explain how these are hot takes.

I have one that's still  a work in progress: Tyrell Crosby is the best tackle prospect in this class.

For real there arent as many hot takes as i thought i've seen in years past. I love looking back at this thread

Archived