Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

On 2/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, 48 1/2ers said:

Is it a hot take if I say I dont think Allen will be picked in the first 15 picks?

if you're talking about Josh Allen from UK, then no. If you're talking about Josh Allen from Wyoming, then yes :D

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I still think Lamar Jackson will be the best QB from this draft.  I really hope he goes to a team with quality coaching and is put into a situation where he can take two or so years to be on the bench and not be forced to start.

I pray he is there at 29 for the Jags. And I pray we would take him.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I pray he is there at 29 for the Jags. And I pray we would take him.

That would be bad news for the rest of the league in particular the AFC.  Lamar Jackson with that much talent around him would be a problem.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, khodder said:

Saquon Barkley is a shotgun back who will struggle big time if asked to line-up in a traditional running game. NFL comp - Reggie Bush.

Overall Christian McCaffrey was a better prospect.

Ok I'll bite.

You're confusing him being unable to run outside of the shotgun and his college coach not giving him the opportunity to, which was because his QB can't take a snap under center. Not to mention, NFL teams (on average) operate out of the shotgun or pistol formations the majority of the time nowadays (I think I read around 68%). That fact that he's a zone runner (which are also more common in today's game anyway) shouldn't be a knock on him, because imagine what he could do with a fullback and a couple seconds to hit the right hole without his QB holding the ball for a second and letting all of the gaps fill up.

I get that this is a hot take thread, but the Reggie Bush comparison is really, really bad. Bush barely cracked 200lbs at the combine, and although I can't remember for sure, I highly doubt his pass blocking was even close to Saquon's.

How sure are we that Quenton Nelson is a better guard prospect than Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn? When watching Nelson I expected to see a special player but I didn't. I don't see special strength or movement. In fact, I think his feet are on the slow side.

Archived