Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

8 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Colt McCoy is a pretty good NFL back up QB. Baker's defintely got a stronger arm the McCoy. McCoy with a stronger arm would look an awful lot like Russell Wilson.

McCoy is definitely limited by his pop gun arm, but his athleticism isn’t anything that comes even close to Wilson.

As far as just physical talents, Mayfield is head and shoulders above McCoy.

Barkley has Trent Richardson written all over him, great speed, no vision. If he guesses right and the hole is open, he's great, otherwise he just runs into the line for 2 yards. He's a better blocker/pass catcher than TR so you can at least use him like McCaffery/Bush but some team will a mediocre oline will overdraft him in the first thinking he'll 'magic bullet' them to a good run game and be severely underwhelmed.

44 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Curious. Who are the 5 non-QB prospects your rate higher?

I think Chubb is being underrated. He's in the same class as Garrett and Bosa to me.

Quenton Nelson, Arden Key, Saquon Barkley, Derrius Guice, Auden Tate, Maurice Hurst, Vita Vea, Billy Price, and Marcus Davenport are all guys I like that are easily a tier above him. Also need to review this year's tape of Harold Landry & Jaire Alexander, both put up 2016's that would have them above Chubb. There are also a handful of players who I need to watch more of that could/should easily rank higher for me, including guys like Duke Ejiofor, Connor Williams, Carlton Davis, and Roquan Smith among others.

Putting him on the same level as Garrett and Bosa is just ridiculous. Garrett is a freak athlete in a completely different world than Chubb. And he was more advanced as a rusher. Bosa was arguably the most developed pass rusher to enter the NFL in a very long time. His skill level is in a different class than Chubb. 

9 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Quenton Nelson, Arden Key, Saquon Barkley, Derrius Guice, Auden Tate, Maurice Hurst, Vita Vea, Billy Price, and Marcus Davenport are all guys I like that are easily a tier above him. Also need to review this year's tape of Harold Landry & Jaire Alexander, both put up 2016's that would have them above Chubb. There are also a handful of players who I need to watch more of that could/should easily rank higher for me, including guys like Duke Ejiofor, Connor Williams, Carlton Davis, and Roquan Smith among others.

This post is hotter than the surface of the sun.

40 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Putting him on the same level as Garrett and Bosa is just ridiculous. Garrett is a freak athlete in a completely different world than Chubb. And he was more advanced as a rusher. Bosa was arguably the most developed pass rusher to enter the NFL in a very long time. His skill level is in a different class than Chubb. 

Bums. These guys are fools gold. 

EDIT: Forgot one. 

Also if Drew Locke declares and goes to a team who lets him develop he could be a scary QB to face. 

30 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Wait, is DB free again? I guess charging people for what they can get on YT for free wasn't he best business model.

Wow, I didn't even notice. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Funny story.

First they announced that the website was for sale. Then a few weeks later they moved to a subscription model. I figured it was about being able to show how big of a pay base they could gather to show potential buyers. So I subscribed since I use the videos and nobody will cut them down for free. I thought I would be nice since it only cost $2 a month. Soon after I got the idea to link their cuts into my database of players. So I spent two weeks linking EVERY Youtube/DB cut for every player into my database. It was a huge hit. I got a lot of positive feedback for adding it in there. A lot of people use my database so the owner/manager of DB added me on Twitter completely out of the blue. He politely asked me to take the Youtube links out of my database because it was diverting traffic from their website. I understood his point. But I also understood it was fair-use material. I was busy when the owner was messaging me so I didn't catch his messages right away. Later in the day I read through them and his last DM noted "Sorry Jesse for the time being I had to suspend your account." He suspended my account. I was banned from DB for one afternoon. I DM'ed him back and told him I would remove all the links. He un-suspended my account and actually set me up with a free subscription so I would never have to pay the monthly fee again. So I started moving all the DB/Youtube links from my database reports. I made an announcement on Twitter about it. People got mad. I found out over the course of deleting the videos and doing research that they were labeling some of their cuts on Youtube as "private" or "unlisted" meaning they are on Youtube but only if you get the link from DB. Essentially people thought they could search Youtube and go around the DB pay-wall but DB went around that unlisting many of their videos. I told some of my followers this and they couldn't believe it. 

I noticed they haven't added any videos over the past two weeks. Now that the site has no pay-wall I wonder if the site is just dead or if they'll start adding videos later this week and announce something. Very strange. Maybe they got busted for attempting to monetize fair-use material. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Barkley has Trent Richardson written all over him, great speed, no vision. If he guesses right and the hole is open, he's great, otherwise he just runs into the line for 2 yards. He's a better blocker/pass catcher than TR so you can at least use him like McCaffery/Bush but some team will a mediocre oline will overdraft him in the first thinking he'll 'magic bullet' them to a good run game and be severely underwhelmed.

Not sure if a troll or truly one of the worst posts I've seen on this site.

11 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Have you, erm... watched Barkley?

Archived