Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

4 minutes ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Hopefully one of them ends up a charger

That Daron Payne won over my heart this season, he flashed last year but this guy loves the trenches and physical play, his temperament is optimal, he is a bully and likes to bully bullies.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

That Daron Payne won over my heart this season, he flashed last year but this guy loves the trenches and physical play, his temperament is optimal, he is a bully and likes to bully bullies.

We need a run stuffer, and Payne or Wilkins fit the bill.

2 minutes ago, chargerbuckeye said:

We need a run stuffer, and Payne or Wilkins fit the bill.

Wilkins is more of a 3 tech IMO, remember, he was the starting 5 tech last year., Guys like Vea, Nnadi, Khalil McKenzie you should have your eyes on. Also keep your eye on Deadrin Senat as a late round guy.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Wilkins is more of a 3 tech IMO, remember, he was the starting 5 tech last year., Guys like Vea, Nnadi, Khalil McKenzie you should have your eyes on. Also keep your eye on Deadrin Senat as a late round guy.

The Chargers need a 3 Tech

8 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Might not be as bendy as a Mia Malikova but this dude is everything I want my team to have in an edge rusher. 

Wish I could double like this for the Mia reference and the breakdowns. 

I do really like Ferrell and don’t see a big time difference between he and Chubb. Chubb is a slightly better athlete, but neither would be described as great athletes IMO. 

17 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

The Chargers need a 3 Tech

Well if you are looking for a combination of stout run stuffing and pocket pushing pass rush, you best bet would probably be Payne, and Wilkins but based off of where you guys are picking, those guys may not be there. You are probably are going to be looking at guys like
Bryan and Hurst. 

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well if you are looking for a combination of stout run stuffing and pocket pushing pass rush, you best bet would probably be Payne, and Wilkins but based off of where you guys are picking, those guys may not be there. You are probably are going to be looking at guys like
Bryan and Hurst. 

I think payne and wilkins make it to 17

Jerome Baker will go in the 1st round. He will run a 4.4something at the combine. Lives up to his draft positioning going forward.

The reason Chubb is not on the same level as Mack and Bosa is because he's nowhere near the athlete the other two were. I like Chubb and am not betting against his success, but his lack of ability to get real low and dip around the edge bothers me. He is consistent with his effort, but his QB harassment is not consistent...at least to the level of a Bosa or a Mack. Especially Bosa, who was dealing with double and triple teams and still hitting the QB. Chubb didn't ruin games the way the other two did. He's closer to Derek Barnett to me than he is to Bosa or Mack.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jerome Baker will go in the 1st round. He will run a 4.4something at the combine. Lives up to his draft positioning going forward.

The reason Chubb is not on the same level as Mack and Bosa is because he's nowhere near the athlete the other two were. I like Chubb and am not betting against his success, but his lack of ability to get real low and dip around the edge bothers me. He is consistent with his effort, but his QB harassment is not consistent...at least to the level of a Bosa or a Mack. Especially Bosa, who was dealing with double and triple teams and still hitting the QB. Chubb didn't ruin games the way the other two did. He's closer to Derek Barnett to me than he is to Bosa or Mack.

I don’t know why you think he isn’t the athlete they are. he has a great first step. I don’t remember people vouching for Bosa athleticism until he after the combine. Very few can get low and bend like pet as Von, Mack couldn’t do that either. Chubb is as disruptive as they come. Chubb doesn’t have the raw power of Mack that much is true but Chubb has plenty enough power. He wrecked it vs FSU. Like pure domination.   Mack remember was 250, Chubb is 270.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Baker will tempt some teams with his 40, for sure.

Chubb will test similarly to Bosa and I disagree he's not consistent with his pressures. Sacks don't fully communicate how much pressure Chubb got on the year, but had at least .5 sacks in 7 of his 12 games this season. For comparison, Garrett got 4/10; Bosa got 6/11; and Mack got 8/13 in their respective final seasons. Chubb's sack distribution -- while not authoritative on his ability to get pressure -- does show good distribution over the course of the year.

The only trait I'd call "sub-par" on Chubb is his length, which has been proven time and time again isn't especially important for success in the NFL.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t know why you think he isn’t the athlete they are. he has a great first step. I don’t remember people vouching for Bosa athleticism until he after the combine. Very few can get low and bend like pet as Von, Mack couldn’t do that either. Chubb is as disruptive as they come. Chubb doesn’t have the raw power of Mack that much is true but Chubb has plenty enough power. He wrecked it vs FSU. Like pure domination.   Mack remember was 250, Chubb is 270.

Chubb played great against FSU, whose OL is atrocious and has been all season. I wasn’t even blown away with his pass rush ability in that game, but loved how he attacked the run. His run defense is very good and technically sound. Plus he chases everything down. But look at how he got his QB pressures. Terrible OL play and they never brought a double team his way. He came free and untouched several times in that game on stunts and terrible play design...like faking a counter and not even acknowledging him.

He is good. Solid as a rock. But I don’t see unblockable superstar in his game. I would not compare him to the last few DE #1s we’ve had in years past. 

Archived