Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Chubb played great against FSU, whose OL is atrocious and has been all season. I wasn’t even blown away with his pass rush ability in that game, but loved how he attacked the run. His run defense is very good and technically sound. Plus he chases everything down. But look at how he got his QB pressures. Terrible OL play and they never brought a double team his way. He came free and untouched several times in that game on stunts and terrible play design...like faking a counter and not even acknowledging him.

He is good. Solid as a rock. But I don’t see unblockable superstar in his game. I would not compare him to the last few DE #1s we’ve had in years past. 

One of the MANY reasons I'm content with Ogbah opposite Garrett. I'm not convinced Chubb will be a better PASS RUSHER than Ogbah, who is tenacious against the run and provides solid interior pressure in the pass rush department.

Just now, MWil23 said:

One of the MANY reasons I'm content with Ogbah opposite Garrett. I'm not convinced Chubb will be a better PASS RUSHER than Ogbah, who is tenacious against the run and provides solid interior pressure in the pass rush department.

Yeah I would never consider Chubb if I’m the Browns. People are in love with the idea that we take him (outside of our forum), but it’s overkill at a position where we actually have good players already. 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I would never consider Chubb if I’m the Browns. People are in love with the idea that we take him (outside of our forum), but it’s overkill at a position where we actually have good players already. 

If we take a DL or an OL player in Round 1, I'm going to throw a fit. Those are actually surprising areas of strength/depth for the Browns right now.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Chubb played great against FSU, whose OL is atrocious and has been all season. I wasn’t even blown away with his pass rush ability in that game, but loved how he attacked the run. His run defense is very good and technically sound. Plus he chases everything down. But look at how he got his QB pressures. Terrible OL play and they never brought a double team his way. He came free and untouched several times in that game on stunts and terrible play design...like faking a counter and not even acknowledging him.

He is good. Solid as a rock. But I don’t see unblockable superstar in his game. I would not compare him to the last few DE #1s we’ve had in years past. 

How many teams in college football actually have good tackles? Like there very few. Look at him vs Louisville. Abused the tackles. What you’re doing for Chubb is what you can do for a bunch of pass rushers. 

1. Bradley Chubb is the best player in this class with ease (have been saying this all year).
2. Kevin Toliver II is going to be the best CB from this class and will end up as a 1st round pick.
3. Mike Gesicki is the 2nd coming of Jimmy Graham.
4. Sony Michel will be better than Saquon Barkley and will win OROY.
5. Reggie McKenzie Jr will go top 20.
6. Skai Moore will end up as better value than Roquan Smith in terms of draft capital invested.

All I got for now...

28 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This one is still in the oven, but I feel more and more confident about it every day: Trumaine Edmunds and Rahsaan Evans are better prospects than Roquan Smith.

I could totally be convinced about Evans (I think he's the most well rounded of linebackers, even if others are better at one aspect or another), but Edmunds seems like a less polished version of Cunningham last year. The upside is there, but I think he's inconsistent, takes too many poor angles, and has trouble with power. Sure, Smith can get washed out against the run, but he's elite in coverage and routinely makes game-altering plays. Still, interesting idea.

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

1. Bradley Chubb is the best player in this class with ease (have been saying this all year).
2. Kevin Toliver II is going to be the best CB from this class and will end up as a 1st round pick.
6. Skai Moore will end up as better value than Roquan Smith in terms of draft capital invested.

All I got for now...

Honestly, I am okay with most of this seeing as I've been hyping Toliver. The Michel one I won't get on board with (I like him, but Barkley is still a stud) and I think Khalil McKenzie is a good player and probably undervalued by most, but I seriously doubt he goes top 20 barring him nuking the Combine.

I've always loved Skai Moore and think Roquan is overrated (still good, just not a top 10 guy) so I'm fine with that predication as well since Skai likely falls out of the top 100 and could become an elite coverage backer.

2 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Honestly, I am okay with most of this seeing as I've been hyping Toliver. The Michel one I won't get on board with (I like him, but Barkley is still a stud) and I think Khalil McKenzie is a good player and probably undervalued by most, but I seriously doubt he goes top 20 barring him nuking the Combine.

I've always loved Skai Moore and think Roquan is overrated (still good, just not a top 10 guy) so I'm fine with that predication as well since Skai likely falls out of the top 100 and could become an elite coverage backer.

Had to throw one bold take in there with Reggie aka Kahlil haha. I dunno, I just think he's a force and is going to provide some insane value should he fall due to the depth of interior DL this year. Not many 6'3" 320 lbs dudes move like he does. He's a huge question mark, obviously.

I'm just not with the Saquon hype. I think Sony can do everything he can (hell, I think Bryce Love would provide better value as well). Don't think Barkley's worth a top pick and would much, much, much rather have Sony, Bryce or even Rashaad Penny later. That doesn't even include Akrum Wadley who I think is going to provide tremendous value as a mid to late round pick.

16 minutes ago, reamer said:

I could totally be convinced about Evans (I think he's the most well rounded of linebackers, even if others are better at one aspect or another), but Edmunds seems like a less polished version of Cunningham last year. The upside is there, but I think he's inconsistent, takes too many poor angles, and has trouble with power. Sure, Smith can get washed out against the run, but he's elite in coverage and routinely makes game-altering plays. Still, interesting idea.

I disagree about Smith in coverage. While I mostly think linebacker coverage is mostly overrated, Trumaine Edmunds' length really shows up when he drops into zone. I'd probably rank Edmunds and Cunningham similarly if they were both in the same draft. While Cunningham had better eyes and got to his spot faster, Edmunds is a better tackler and blitzer.

22 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

All I got for now...

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif?ssl=1

Archived