The Pit of Misery!!!! Dilly Dilly

ripsean21

7 minutes ago, mike23md said:

It will get built. But Bruce Allen is not the stadium guru. All you need is a list of requirements, a location, and an engineer and an architect to design the plans. That being said, the lease on FedEx is not up until 2026. Another 9 years of poor decisions and a crappy home field. 

The new place has to be in a central location next to a metro stop and well planned parking. 

Yeah I mean if all Bruce is here for is the stadium that’s fine hire Football people so we can still have people who like the team when it comes time to fill it!

23 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I mean if all Bruce is here for is the stadium that’s fine hire Football people so we can still have people who like the team when it comes time to fill it!

Well his job is part stadium and part personnel. But he cant keep his hands out of the cookie jar and let the football people get credit. 

We don't need to rebuild . We just need a better head coach for example look at the bills they have a new head coach who arguably gotten the bills very close to an playoff birth .

a better head coach can completely change this team and I think this time we get an defensive coach we haven't had that I think once since Gibbs retired his first time .

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

We don't need to rebuild . We just need a better head coach for example look at the bills they have a new head coach who arguably gotten the bills very close to an playoff birth .

a better head coach can completely change this team and I think this time we get an defensive coach we haven't had that I think once since Gibbs retired his first time .

Gibbs was a offensive guy but yeah I dont remember a coach that was a defensive guy. Even the fill in guys they were all offensive

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The game is so offensive oriented now though.  Especially if we have to groom another QB.

Oh I know. I was just saying I’ve never seen us hire a defensive coach. I just don’t know who I look at around the league who’s really making things happen offensively so above and beyond anyone else except our old OC lol

The two best head coaches in the NFL are defensive guys, Bill Belicheck and Mike Tomlin. They have good offensive coordinator’s that they let handle that side of the ball and then they work with their defensive coordinator’s to make that side of the ball good.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The two best head coaches in the NFL are defensive guys, Bill Belicheck and Mike Tomlin. They have good offensive coordinator’s that they let handle that side of the ball and then they work with their defensive coordinator’s to make that side of the ball good.

I’d say Zimmer is a pretty good coach. That ship hasn’t looked out coached since his hire. If they have I can’t remember a game that team not fighting hard in any contest

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Pettibon or whatever was the only DC that ended up our headcoach .

he sucked as an HC

Pettibon was given only one season as HC and was given an old team that had a lot of injuries. I honestly think he should have been given more time than he was given. That year was the year of the Eagles body bag game when we had 3 Qbs get hurt I think. 

On 12/17/2017 at 5:48 PM, turtle28 said:

Pettibon was given only one season as HC and was given an old team that had a lot of injuries. I honestly think he should have been given more time than he was given. That year was the year of the Eagles body bag game when we had 3 Qbs get hurt I think. 

Petitbon was a sacrificial chicken:

1. He made it so that the next long term head coach (which turned out to be Norv Turner *sigh*) was not the guy following a legend
  2. He was given a roster that was vet heavy just as the free agency era was starting.

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Wow looking back at it now we really did not appreciate the fact of the running backs we use to have in Gibbs zorn era 

portis - betts- Cartwright 

where pretty good and any of those guys from that era would start for us 

Well I appreciated them. I constantly talked about the good group we had and mostly what I heard back was that Betts fumbled some and Cartwright was too slow to be a kick returner but the truth is they were both reliable back ups to Portis.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Well I appreciated them. I constantly talked about the good group we had and mostly what I heard back was that Betts fumbled some and Cartwright was too slow to be a kick returner but the truth is they were both reliable back ups to Portis.

Yeah I mean Portis was a bell cow and I thought was a heck of a player. Also a Miami U guy so that’s always nice!!!! Betts could have started for a bunch of teams back then. And Rock was just a redskin. He did a lot of things for this team!!!! 

Archived