The Pit of Misery!!!! Dilly Dilly

ripsean21

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I appreciated them. I constantly talked about the good group we had and mostly what I heard back was that Betts fumbled some and Cartwright was too slow to be a kick returner but the truth is they were both reliable back ups to Portis.

Betts showed he was a starter tho he easily be a top ten RB in this era for sure if it was 2006 betts 

13 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Wow looking back at it now we really did not appreciate the fact of the running backs we use to have in Gibbs zorn era 

portis - betts- Cartwright 

where pretty good and any of those guys from that era would start for us 

No they wouldn't. Only Portis.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I hated Ladell Betts. Dude fumbled like every other carry.

This is so not true. You’ve been saying it for a decade and it’s as untrue now as it was in 07. He had some fumbles in 06 but it’s an exaggeration to say it was every other carry. He rushed for 1145 yards and a 4.7 avg with 3 lost fumbles on 245 carries and caught 53 passes for 445 yards in 06.

We should have kept him in 2010. Not re-signing him and Cartwright in favor of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker was a dumb decision by Mike Shanahan.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is so not true. You’ve been saying it for a decade and it’s as untrue now as it was in 07. He had some fumbles in 06 but it’s an exaggeration to say it was every other carry. He rushed for 1145 yards and a 4.7 avg with 3 lost fumbles on 245 carries and caught 53 passes for 445 yards in 06.

We should have kept him in 2010. Not re-signing him and Cartwright in favor of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker was a dumb decision by Mike Shanahan.

He had 6 fumbles in 298 touches in 2006. 3 were lost (you were correct). All 3 lost fumbles came in close games we lost and IIRC were pretty big reasons why we lost. So the notion that he is not a fumbler and it didn't hurt us is not accurate IMHO.

But yeah, he did have a productive season toting the ball.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I appreciated them. I constantly talked about the good group we had and mostly what I heard back was that Betts fumbled some and Cartwright was too slow to be a kick returner but the truth is they were both reliable back ups to Portis.

Of course you did, sometimes, I find it hard to believe that you could be pessimistic about anything, which could be a good or bad thing, but Portis was one of the best that have come through Ashburn. Betts was injured and Rock was nothing more than a small FB. 5'7 220 lbs. He only made a home on the Redskins because Vinny Cerrato was terrible at picking talent and this team had no model on how to build a team. 

Frankly, I am getting tired of this whole concept about a guy being a Redskin. Thats a bunch of horse crap IMO. I dont care if they are Redskins or not, I want football players that want to win. That come in and play week in and week out regardless of their record. They put the team first, not the Redskins, the team, their unit first. They play because they understand that as a team, they can win a game. The individual shizz that this team seems to identify more with is ridiculous like Josh Norman. I want guys like Zach Brown that love to play the game and just want to play the game. 

Forget all this being a Redskin. How about being a team. 

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

Of course you did, sometimes, I find it hard to believe that you could be pessimistic about anything, which could be a good or bad thing, but Portis was one of the best that have come through Ashburn. Betts was injured and Rock was nothing more than a small FB. 5'7 220 lbs. He only made a home on the Redskins because Vinny Cerrato was terrible at picking talent and this team had no model on how to build a team. 

Frankly, I am getting tired of this whole concept about a guy being a Redskin. Thats a bunch of horse crap IMO. I dont care if they are Redskins or not, I want football players that want to win. That come in and play week in and week out regardless of their record. They put the team first, not the Redskins, the team, their unit first. They play because they understand that as a team, they can win a game. The individual shizz that this team seems to identify more with is ridiculous like Josh Norman. I want guys like Zach Brown that love to play the game and just want to play the game. 

Forget all this being a Redskin. How about being a team. 

If they weren’t Good football players Gibbs would have cut them but hey, maybe you  know more about football than a Hall of Fame head coach?

Betts wasn’t injured that often and Cartwright was a good #3 back and they were both a core special teams players  as a cover guys and a guys who never fumbled kick offs. 

I’m pessimistic about somethings, I’m just more optimistic than pessimistic and I have no problem pointing out when players screw up.

Anyone would kill now for Betts over Kelley and Prine and if you wouldn’t be, you need to get your head checked!

You both make very good points I agree I just want guys that love football like Brown and Kerrigan. But I do think Betts was a heck of a number 2 who filled in well for Portis who I do agree was top 3 at his position for his prime in the league with LT and Alexander. Dilly dilly lol

Archived