Blake Bortles is the one player the Jaguars can not afford to lose

pwny

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/12/13/16771658/blake-bortles-is-the-one-player-the-jaguars-cannot-afford-to-lose

Just look at all the big plays this defense gave up last week when Russell Wilson was able to maneuver outside of the pocket and the coverages broke down. But Blake stepped up, put the offense on his shoulders, and did what good quarterbacks do — he elevated the rest of the offense around him and won us the game.

The passing game is being led by Marqise Lee, Dede Westbrook, and Keelan Cole — Blake only found five different receivers last week and one of them was Larry Pinkard. But he made it work, securing 12 of our 20 first downs through the air on Sunday.

Blake has flipped a switch as of late and his last two games have been two of the best of his career — and last week’s against the Seahawks I’d call his best ever. With him playing good (not average, legitimately good) football, this team is a Super Bowl contender.

Without him, they’re one-and-done in the playoffs.

I’m ready to say it..

Without Allen Robinson, without Hurns for the last several weeks, with no receiving TE option, Blake Bortles is having the best season of his career. Outside of the very end of the San Diego game, I’m not sure he’s had a bad game since the staff figured out how to gameplan to use him.

He struggled passing against Arizona, but did some great things with his legs to keep an otherwise trash offensive performance on the cusp of victory.

He should be QB1 for us next year.

I'm glad it's working out. I really felt that once Blake found his confidence again and got comfortable with the coaches (and they him) that we'd see him return to being a starting-caliber QB. Glad the Jaguars and Rams are busting out of their slumps. 

Not sold until it's sustained. We've seen him play a full season of confident, stellar play before only to become anemic the next season. Certainly feel a lot better about the situation today than I did at the midway point, but definitely not sold

I told you guys earlier this season that we would not progress unless they took the training wheels off of Blake. I forgot after what game it was but Hackett had been talking about opening up the playbook in pressers but it still looked skittish touch and go but they found what Blake was finally good at and they've schemed around him thats what good coaching does. Marrone initially thought that maybe we could just run the ball play stellar D and win. That wasn't the case the league has changed they had to adapt they hid Blake as much as they could i'm sure they've been practicing passing and mechanics in practice if not necessarily in game during the season. Its like the team got to a point as if to say,, well its time for the big unveil its like they did a pimp my ride on Blake in season and this may be the results of the restoration.  

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They aren’t babying him anymore. They have opened it up for him and it is paying dividends. 

He is dropping dimes. His ball placement has been great.

Yea its just crazy to see at this point of his career with the worst set of weapons he has had the last 3 years

I just hope this keeps going. Dont want this ride to end

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea its just crazy to see at this point of his career with the worst set of weapons he has had the last 3 years

Ball placement and reading defenses > weapons

Weapons balloon the stats accumulated. But this is all on Blake’s precision passing the last three weeks.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Ball placement and reading defenses > weapons

Weapons balloon the stats accumulated. But this is all on Blake’s precision passing the last three weeks.

I know I’ve watched the games but despite those lost he has somehow figured something out. I just dont get it. What has changed? Just seems surreal that something like this could change out of near where. Yea we haven’t played many good defenses lately but havent had much to throw to either

17 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They aren’t babying him anymore. They have opened it up for him and it is paying dividends. 

He is dropping dimes. His ball placement has been great.

Yeah.  I think that's the biggest thing.  He's never been the sort of QB you can really "baby" very well.  They seem to have realized that, and are letting him do what he does well...trying to make plays.  And he seems to be riding a nice wave of confidence doing so right now.

Archived