The Book on John DeFilippo

WindyCity

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

She's brutal about it man. I joked about getting her a Bears jersey with Mrs Kliff, and she was all about it.

I'd have to get myself a Mr Emma Stone one, but if she got hers she would still allow it.

My kinda girl though, we're lucky dudes. My wife, after I stupidly told her, "Hey, check out this QB, you'll probably think he's hot" has been OBSESSED with Jimmy Garoppolo 

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

My kinda girl though, we're lucky dudes. My wife, after I stupidly told her, "Hey, check out this QB, you'll probably think he's hot" has been OBSESSED with Jimmy Garoppolo 

giphy.gif

Damn straight. Most girls would be berserk and jealous but she is cool with it. Have to have some level of  self confidence.

Just an idea if you like to bash each others "interests."

Show he this picture and ask why she's into Zac Efron's gay older brother.   lol

bng-l-49ers-1218-40.jpg?w=620

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7391211

(^^^^ Very fitting as my kids watched Aladdin this morning while I made breakfast and got everything ready for the beach.  lol  )

EDIT - I hope we interview him and he sets up the reservation up like Trubisky was tasked to, but instead under the name Michael Keller.

As in Michael Keller Ditka.

Fox analyst Charles Davis was just on ESPN 1000...

Silvy mentions coaching candidates like McDaniels, Shurmur, Nagy, Reich & DeFilippo. Asks Davis if he thinks there's a offensive mind out there that will be a great HC. Davis goes straight to DeFilippo. Said his name doesn't pop up a ton, but it should. Reason Flip's name doesn't pop-up a ton is because he's not an OC. Said Flip was Cleveland's OC and had to survive the Manziel experiment. Said people don't people don't understand the amount of time that Flip spends with Wentz. Flip is the primary guy with Wentz.

^mshu7 from another board

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I feel like I have set myself up for so much potential disappointment with this coaching hire. lol

I'm not sure what I want man... I was on the Trestman bandwagon --- failed. Then I was on the Fox bandwagon --- failed.

Now I'm *gulp* on the DeFilippo bandwagon... hopefully third time's the charm or I don't get what I want xD

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I feel like I have set myself up for so much potential disappointment with this coaching hire. lol

If nothing else I’m taking solace in that I think there are several candidates out there who would be good hires for us. Flip and Nagy for sure, but I’m warming to the idea of Shurmur too (still down my list but not upsetting) if we go with a vet coach after seeing what he’s done with that MIN offense this year. He’s taken a career backup QB, backup level RBs and 2 no-name WRs and built that thing into an efficient and diverse offense. 

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm not sure what I want man... I was on the Trestman bandwagon --- failed. Then I was on the Fox bandwagon --- failed.

Now I'm *gulp* on the DeFilippo bandwagon... hopefully third time's the charm or I don't get what I want xD

I kinda took the cowards route on them. I wanted Arians because he did a wonderful job in IND, but was excited when Trestman was hired as he was the "QB guru" but he nevver drafted a real QB to coach up.

Fox had come off several playoff runs so I was hoping he was the one establishing that talent in DEN, not riding off of it. I got burned a little there.

This is the first one I have gone all in on. So hopefully this doesn't bite me in the ***. lol

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If nothing else I’m taking solace in that I think there are several candidates out there who would be good hires for us. Flip and Nagy for sure, but I’m warming to the idea of Shurmur too (still down my list but not upsetting) if we go with a vet coach after seeing what he’s done with that MIN offense this year. He’s taken a career backup QB, backup level RBs and 2 no-name WRs and built that thing into an efficient and diverse offense. 

That is a good way to look at it. I am not against Nagy, Reich, or Lafleuer by any means, I just have some serious homerism running up for DeFilippo. I could warm up to Shurmur and Morton as well, but you make a good point that there are several who look very promising right now. I am getting pretty firmly against Carmichael though.

I can’t really hold Shurmur’s failure with the Browns in 2011-2012 against him at all tbh. Look at the offensive skill position players on those squads:

2011: Colt McCoy, Seneca Wallace, Peyton Hillis, Montario Hardesty, Chris Ogbonnaya, Greg Little, Josh Cribbs, Mohamed Massaquoi, Jordan Norwood, Evan Moore, Ben Watson, Brian Robiskie

2012: Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson, Hardesty, Ogbonnaya, Little, Norwood, Josh Gordon (rookie), Travis Benjamin, Massaquoi, Cribbs, Watson 

I mean... 

I used to use Cribbs as a scatback in Madden. Always would find out what it would take to trade for him and then would just do it before the franchise, then throw that pick to them for a crap player to cut. lol

It is crazy how Hillis disappeared. Had those feet pumping and ran hard as hell. Then all of a sudden it was like he just was done. Went to the Giants and had a few flashes with those brutal runs and then just gone.

Those lists do hurt to read. Damn.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I just have that feeling that we are all going to be some what disappointed and then talk our selves into the hire, hopefully not though.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I was all in on firing Fox last offseason and getting Shannahan, this off season I'm not sold on anyone like last year so I'm taking a wait and see approach.

What you get with DeFilippo after discussing him with numerous folks in and around the game - 
- Excellent communicator
- Listens to players
- Always teaching
- Challenges players
- Adaptable scheme
- No nonsense
- Open and honest
- Accountability
- Will get upset with a player, doesn't hold issue against them

Archived