What is Pace Doing Right Now?

G08

Clearly this dude likes to go into stealth mode when he's scouting players he loves, I'd have to think he's doing the same thing in terms of gathering info on coaches he is going to want to hire.

Do you think he's digging into their backgrounds? Finding former coaches/teammates/etc that worked with the candidate and he's trying to get as much information as possible out of them?

Where does tampering come into play? Can he contact Mike Pettine and get his thoughts on John DeFilippo? Can he have a scout text Derek Carr and get his thoughts?

I have to think he's out there gathering as much information as possible and then paring down his list of candidates he wants to interview. I'm sure he has them in order of preference... curious if he can get an interview setup before another team does (or does that even matter in the long run?).

There's no doubt that Pace is and has been working behind the scenes doing his due diligence on potential head coaches.

I wouldn't think it's tampering to contact a guy like Pettine seeing how he is not currently employed by any NFL team.  It would be the same situation with the Browns having contacted John Dorsey prior to hiring him.

I've mentioned this before about the Philly guys,  but Ryan Pace already has a connection to that team with Joe Douglas who is their VP of Player Personnel.  As you recall, Douglas was one of Pace's first front office hires when he became GM of the Bears so I'm sure he'll lean on him for his advice if he's serious about either DeFilippo or Reich.

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

There's no doubt that Pace is and has been working behind the scenes doing his due diligence on potential head coaches.

I wouldn't think it's tampering to contact a guy like Pettine seeing how he is not currently employed by any NFL team.  It would be the same situation with the Browns having contacted John Dorsey prior to hiring him.

I've mentioned this before about the Philly guys,  but Ryan Pace already has a connection to that team with Joe Douglas who is their VP of Player Personnel.  As you recall, Douglas was one of Pace's first front office hires when he became GM of the Bears so I'm sure he'll lean on him for his advice if he's serious about either DeFilippo or Reich.

Pretty sure Pettine is a special consultant for SEA, so i'm not sure how contacting him would work out, since he's not technically a coach

Talked to Greg Gabriel about this... he said at this point GMs know if they will be firing the head coach at the end of the season. Right now they are working behind the scenes and talking to coaches/players/etc who have spent time with a head coaching candidate that the GM wants to interview. 

Someone mentioned the Joe Douglas connection we have to the Eagles... I'm sure Pace has been barking up that tree IF he has any interest in Reich/DeFilippo.

My hope is that he is firing the pro-personnel director or at a minimum giving him a good verbal beat down.

Evaluating the miserable sport science department again.

Evaluating how badly they have done in free agency this season and making changes to the program.

Researching coaching candidates and doing deep background.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My hope is that he is firing the pro-personnel director or at a minimum giving him a good verbal beat down.

Evaluating the miserable sport science department again.

Evaluating how badly they have done in free agency this season and making changes to the program.

Researching coaching candidates and doing deep background.

Josh Lucas, that's Pace's BFF. Dude isn't going anywhere.

Archived