I am looking for a team to follow outside of the Browns

Kiwibrown

13 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You didn't support the Browns because they were winners. So why ditch them because they're losers?

It's your team, and you know it. You can go and follow another team, even a good one, but you won't feel anything. Just a bit more dirty for it.

Besides, it's going to turn anyway. The Darnold or Chosen Rosen baby!

or well, Baker when the other two stay in school to avoid us.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! big improvements coming next season, I'm calling it! One win season.

thats a funny one

12 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Ben a Brown's fan for 65 years and I continue to stick by them, even though I suspect, I will never get to see them in the SB for the rest of my life. Not with Haslam as the owner!!!

yeah but at least you got to see 1964...

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you hate your starting QB and love the backup regardless of who they are?

Do you enjoy winning in the regular season and then watch your team find every way imaginable to lose in the playoffs?

If so, become a Vikings fan today! Valhalla is awaiting!!

He has no idea....

Kiwi

As a lifelong (I'm 47) diehard fan of the other team in Ohio, I certainly feel your pain.  I somehow survived the 90's but it was tough.  I did figure a few things out that might help you now.

1.  Follow a major college team, if you don't already.  Ohio State was the balance I needed to my football "Force".  I didn't have to feel like I was cheating on my team by investing in a Saturday game.  It's how I picked up being a fan of Georgia.  They were on a lot, and the Bengals were picking a slew of their players.  Gave me another team besides Ohio State to follow.

2.  If you take the short term "relationship break" from the Browns, pick a team that looks to be good for another year or two max.  I would suggest taking on an NFC team, so you don't run a risk of rooting against the Browns.

I have two suggestions for the remainder of the season:

1.  Minnesota.  With Rogers out 8 weeks, they ran away with the division.  They are in the playoffs and have a defense that can make a post season run.  Not only that, they just played the Browns,  so you would have another four years for the Browns to earn back your heart before the Vikings played them again (in 2021).  Plus with assuming Rogers will be healthy next year, Minny might not be as good within the division and the browns won't look so bad.

2.  Either the saints or falcons in the NFC South.  New Orleans looks great this year, but how much longer will Brees be playing at all, let alone this level?  The Falcons, on the other hand, have a few former Browns (Mack, Gabriel), a guy the Browns should have taken (Julio), and the type of team not built for a dynasty-type run.  Both will be easy to drop.

If neither of those options work for you, try the Giants.  If you watch enough of them, you will realize that you are not alone.  As bad as Mike Brown has been at times since he took over in 93, I saw what an a$$ Modell was to your fanbase and was actually glad to have Brown over him as owner.  Sad, but true.

If that doesn't work, just root for the team the Texans are playing against.  That way you can still be part of the Cleveland experience as every other Browns fan is doing the exact same thing.

Otherwise, just go to a sports bar with friends and come to the realization that you can't root for any other team, no matter how hard you try.

Should be an NFC team unless youre completely ditching the Browns, which it doesnt seem you are.

I was going to say Vikings, but for some reason, Ive come across several Vikings fans (on here and elsewhere) who support (or at least used to) the Steelers as well.    Domt get it.   (Just messin by the way)

The Rams could be an option.    Being that they are in LA now, they are loaded with fans that will turn on them and jump ship at a moments notice. 

I would say Eagles, but there are reasons I would say no to that, but I wont state them here because Im not looking to get into an argument over it.

If I were a frustrated Browns fans looking to change teams, Id probably go with the Panthers or Vikings.    Packers are a nice option, although they likely arent making the playoffs.

If you are considering AFC teams....the winner of the KC and Chargers game could be a nice option.   KC has some great fans and its probably the team Id choose if the Steelers somehow went away.

Your best bet is to figure it out on your own though.    Find out which team grabs you and go with them.   There will be more of an attachment that way.

That all being said, I cant understand how anyone could start rooting hard for another team.    If I were a Browns fan, Id just stick it out for life or stop watching football altogether.    Im still a Pirates fan in baseball and they have only been good a few times during my life....and for 20 years of it were one of the worst franchises in baseball.   

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I saw what an a$$ Modell was to your fanbase and was actually glad to have Brown over him as owner

You should be thankful that he fired the man our team was named after so he could found your team. Just kidding, I'll meet you at Druid Ridge, bring your dancing shoes.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Should be an NFC team unless youre completely ditching the Browns, which it doesnt seem you are.

I was going to say Vikings, but for some reason, Ive come across several Vikings fans (on here and elsewhere) who support (or at least used to) the Steelers as well.    Domt get it.   (Just messin by the way)

The Rams could be an option.    Being that they are in LA now, they are loaded with fans that will turn on them and jump ship at a moments notice. 

I would say Eagles, but there are reasons I would say no to that, but I wont state them here because Im not looking to get into an argument over it.

If I were a frustrated Browns fans looking to change teams, Id probably go with the Panthers or Vikings.    Packers are a nice option, although they likely arent making the playoffs.

If you are considering AFC teams....the winner of the KC and Chargers game could be a nice option.   KC has some great fans and its probably the team Id choose if the Steelers somehow went away.

Your best bet is to figure it out on your own though.    Find out which team grabs you and go with them.   There will be more of an attachment that way.

That all being said, I cant understand how anyone could start rooting hard for another team.    If I were a Browns fan, Id just stick it out for life or stop watching football altogether.    Im still a Pirates fan in baseball and they have only been good a few times during my life....and for 20 years of it were one of the worst franchises in baseball.   

Pretty much agree. I don't like the Panthers option for some reason though. They too seem to have the same deal as the Vikings, too many of their fans support the Steelers.

Agree about the Eagles, and just for the record 43 is calling you guys a bunch of.... ah you know.

We were without a team for a few years so those that supported the Browns prior to the move and after they came back know what to do, they've done it. I went without the NFL for a year. Watched a lot of Titan games and games where Buckeye players starred the next few year mostly just rooting for the players not so much the teams. Also, rooted against the Ravens on a weekly basis and the Steelers to a lesser extent. The Ravens taught me that my most hated team (the Steelers) could someday be a distant 2nd most hated team where I root for them every time they play a team (unless a loss keeps both out of the playoffs). The Steelers were cool during the 1995 fiasco for the most part so I do have some respect for them. I'm sure their biggest motive was to gain fans but they were still cool to Browns fans.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:
2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

yeah 43 is biased anyway because hes a cowboys fan

This is pretty accurate considering that Steelers fans are basically the Cowboys fans of the AFC.

just realized that by 43, you dont mean george w bush then

Archived