I am looking for a team to follow outside of the Browns

Kiwibrown

You don't want to be a fan of the LA Rams, because you'll be regularly accused of being bandwagon (probably less so on here and moreso if you ever let it slip in public around your immediate locality).  You'll also regularly find yourself pulling your hair out trying to correct people who have already made up their minds based off of preconceived stereotypes about you, your peers, the local community, etc.  I mean, the Rams color rush jerseys are freaking sweet and McBae looks like he might be Bill Walsh reincarnated, but you've already had to suffer the Browns, I don't know that the average human heart can handle the stress that supporting the Rams would them compound onto it... even if there are some ties that could make for a meaningful connection (the Rams actually originating in Cleveland).

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think it would be fun to be a Browns fan.  Don't have to worry about how well you'll do in the playoffs, just get to watch and root for one win a week without looking at the big picture.  Never know, this offseason could be the offseason things finally turn around for them.  Just stick to your team. 

True. Just a single win feels like a Super Bowl victory as a Browns fan.

29 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Wow.  You just compared your situation to being a Browns fan?  

tenor.gif?itemid=4718863

I feel bad for him there's like a 40% chance they won't have homefield in the AFC playoffs and a like 7% chance they won't even have a bye. No fan base should see their team play on WC weekend. It's an absolute travesty. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

I feel bad for him there's like a 40% chance they won't have homefield in the AFC playoffs and a like 7% chance they won't even have a bye. No fan base should see their team play on WC weekend. It's an absolute travesty. 

Some are born to suffer in this life.  

Don't  waste your time. Just pick one of the top ten that are guaranteed  a SB appearance at least once a decade..and keep Cleveland  in back pocket till it happens.

Don't  bother with either South division teams  ,except for the Colts.

Don't bother with any original AFL  teams except for the Raiders and Denver. 

It is a tough time to be a Browns fan, it is true. As fans we've suffered through sucking so that is pretty easy by now, we can handle it. Having D-bags from top to bottom of the organization does make it tougher to stay invested. There is a chance they can be successful even as more of an evil empire which doesn't really fit the persona of the majority of Browns fans but it may be fun for awhile.

There is no reason to look for a new team though, a rooting interest is already there. Just ignore the Browns games until things get better one way or the other and watch Steeler/Raven games and root for whoever they are playing. If they happen to play each other root for the team playing the Bengals, if they happen to be playing the Browns the same week clean your gutters.

Yup. If you want to upgrade to the Browns 2.0, become an Eagles fan.  Same great non-Super Bowl winning flavor but with added regular season wins sauce. Same let-down, but slower time release.

Act now and receive free snowballs and locks to throw at popular figures! 

PS.  Stay the course.  Stay a Browns fan. 

@Kiwibrown I think you should reconsider the Pats. And I'll tell you why. We are the most like the ABs. Leaving aside the period of sustained success, I'm talking across the board!

Steve Hansen is the Bill Belichick of the rugby world - unwavering, clever, knows exactly how to game plan for a particular team, and an A to the media. Take the first test match against the Lions - his game plan was actually unprecedented. ABs did NOT play expansive rugby like everyone though they would - avoiding the Lions powerful forwards, no. They pick and drove straight into the forwards, winning EVERY gain line battle, and also added a bit of flair like spinning and no-look offloads just before contact. Lions were stunned. See Belichick against.....well, most teams.

Barrett - Brady. The best playmaker in the sport, the one who pulls the strings, who has the ball in his hand the most. Hell, Brady has even punted once!! :) 

Gronk - Retallick. Just a complete mismatch and an un-fair attacker. So big, yet athletic and mobile with deft hands. Takes a couple to finally bring him down

Hightower - Kaino. Human crash dummy, and elite defender. Kaino won man of the tournament in 2007, Hightower won us two superbowls with defensive plays

Edelman - Milner Skudder. Doesn't look much, but extremely shifty and hard to put down. Full of tries/TDs, both hobbled with the same injury

Harvey Longi is polynesian. 

So, come and support your football equivalent ;) 

Archived