Sat, Oct 14 vs Missouri TBD  
Sat, Oct 28* Florida 3:30 PM ET CBS
Sat, Nov 4 vs South Carolina TBD  
Sat, Nov 11 Auburn TBD  
Sat, Nov 18 vs Kentucky TBD  
Sat, Nov 25 Georgia Tech TBD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any update on Eason?  Fromm, despite the opponent and being an extreme game manager, looked sharp out there.  Also helped that the two-headed monster at RB was actually a two-headed monster this time around.  Big primetime game coming up on the road at Notre Dame though- they are looking to do big things after their struggles last year and destroyed Temple yesterday 49-16 led by a dual threat QB.  

Eason has a sprained knee ligament and will begin rehab- Smart expects him back at some point this season, but Fromm could take the job by then.

ATHENS, Georgia -- Georgia quarterback Jacob Eason has a sprained ligament in his left knee and won't play in Saturday night's game at Notre Dame.

Bulldogs coach Kirby Smart said freshman Jake Fromm, who made his debut in last week's 31-10 win over Appalachian State, would make his first start against the fighting Irish.

Smart said Eason, a sophomore, won't need surgery and has already started rehabilitation.

"He will be back," Smart said. "He will be back this season. We feel very fortunate. It could have been worse."

Fromm, from Warner Robins, Georgia, completed 10 of 15 passes for 143 yards with 1 touchdown against Appalachian State. He enrolled at Georgia in January and participated in spring drills.

"Jake Fromm is a mature freshman," Smart said. "He has good players around him. He needs to take advantage of them."

Georgia hasn't played the Fighting Irish since beating them 17-10 in the 1981 Sugar Bowl to win the 1980 national championship.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20576953/georgia-bulldogs-qb-jacob-eason-notre-dame-fighting-irish-sprained-ligament-left-knee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, rickyt31 said:

Your recruiting class this year is amazing. 

I love it.

I know Fields is from Georgia but you think after this year with Fromm he might want to go elsewhere. More the merrier for us though.

Edited by coors

1 hour ago, coors said:

I love it.

I know Fields is from Georgia but you think after this year with Fromm he might want to go elsewhere. More the merrier for us though.

He likes to compete. You found a pretty rare character guy. I'm in love with your RB/OL pick ups.

• 6 months later...

Heard that Zamir White has been cleared to return to practice after his ACL tear last season.  He's got some big shoes to fill as a freshman, and I hope we don't run him out there too quickly. 

Anyone hear about how the QB battle is progressing?  I can't imagine Fromm not getting the initial nod over Fields, but stranger things have happened in college football before. 

• 5 weeks later...

Not a bad showing Week 1 against a weak opponent, but I am concerned about the defense not getting a sack or an interception.  Both Fromm and Fields secured playing time and looked well.  

This is our first test of the many to come.  South Carolina is coming in as a ranked opponent, in the second year of Muschamp's tenure, and his teams, as well as South Carolina's, have always played us tough.  I'd like to see us put them away early, but I don't think it will happen that way as this is still an inexperienced squad in many instances.  

Our backfield did a terrific job of sharing carries against South Carolina- three players rushing for a TD while average over 5.0 YPC- 8.4 was the average for Holyfield.  

Also, really nice to see a statement game from Mecole Hardman- six receptions for 103 yards and a touchdown, as well as a 30 yard run.  He had most of the attention from Fromm in that game, and Fromm did a nice job managing it.  However, managing the game isn't going to cut it when we face LSU, Florida and Auburn this year.  

This coming Saturday should be another beatdown special against MTSU, with some style points on the docket.