#4 Georgia Bulldogs Thread 1-0 | Auburn next up

coors

• 2 weeks later...

Tennessee TE Eli Wolf, a potential graduate transfer, had a visit with us and received an offer.  Adding him would be huge after losing Nauta to the draft and other TE depth to transfers. 

We are also getting an unofficial visit from FSU commit Nick Cross, a 4 star safety recruit from Dematha HS, down the road from where I live.  

Mark Antony Richards spent his last in-home day with us, would be a big get.  

John Rhys Plumlee has decommitted from us and is heading to Ole Miss, however, two other QB recruits who signed with us in December are already enrolled and will be at spring practice so it looks like the position has a solid foundation behind Fromm. 

47 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mark Antony Richards spent his last in-home day with us, would be a big get.  

John Rhys Plumlee has decommitted from us and is heading to Ole Miss, however, two other QB recruits who signed with us in December are already enrolled and will be at spring practice so it looks like the position has a solid foundation behind Fromm. 

Word is that MAR is going to Auburn. I'd be shocked if UGA is even in the race. It's not a shot at y'all, but I've been hearing it's an Auburn/UF race for awhile now.

• Like 1

We flipped 5* receiver George Pickens from his commitment to Auburn, netting us a fifth 5* prospect and the top two players in the state of Alabama. 

3* TE Brett Seither, who started playing football in his junior year, also committed to us, which helps us fill out the TE position.  He's got a lot of talent but inexperienced, he could end up being a surprise player for us. 

• 4 weeks later...

Where all my fellow Dawgs fans at?

What is everyone's thoughts on Fields leaving us? I am a huge Frommmmm guy, but Fields talent seems to be on another level. If he has major success at Ohio State (which I absolutely believe he will have, even without Urban. He's probably going to put up Heisman numbers and will be in contention for the next few years. Seeing him have that success elsewhere is going to hurt.)

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, coors said:

Where all my fellow Dawgs fans at?

What is everyone's thoughts on Fields leaving us? I am a huge Frommmmm guy, but Fields talent seems to be on another level. If he has major success at Ohio State (which I absolutely believe he will have, even without Urban. He's probably going to put up Heisman numbers and will be in contention for the next few years. Seeing him have that success elsewhere is going to hurt.)

I'm frustrated that we aren't taking the training wheels off of the offense.  We have a five star guy with a huge arm in Fromm, and we insist on running the ball and controlling the clock.  This isn't like the Naval Academy, where you're smaller at every position and have to control the clock.  Let Fromm air it out with more consistency.  

That said, I think we would be singing a different tune on Fromm had Nick Saban not pulled a backup QB out of his "you know what" in the National Championship in 2017 and the SEC Championship last year.  Tu'a turned the tide the first time, and we had no answer for Jalen Hurts last year.  

On 3/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm frustrated that we aren't taking the training wheels off of the offense.  We have a five star guy with a huge arm in Fromm, and we insist on running the ball and controlling the clock.  This isn't like the Naval Academy, where you're smaller at every position and have to control the clock.  Let Fromm air it out with more consistency.  

That said, I think we would be singing a different tune on Fromm had Nick Saban not pulled a backup QB out of his "you know what" in the National Championship in 2017 and the SEC Championship last year.  Tu'a turned the tide the first time, and we had no answer for Jalen Hurts last year.  

Walker being hurt during the SEC championship made the difference when Hurts came in last year as much as anything. I dont have a problem with the ball control offense as much as the seemingly not going after the jugular when facing upper teired teams. 

Fields may be good, he may not be. I didnt care for ohio st before meyer went there and it is safe to say I really dont care for them now. I'm more interested honestly in how Eason does in Washington more than Fields.