#4 Georgia Bulldogs Thread 1-0 | Auburn next up

coors

What a frustrating game.  I'm tired of the ultra-conservative offense, and I'm almost at my wits end of Fromm.  I know he doesn't have the receivers that he had last year, but we had 468 yards to 297 yards, had a 50% conversion rate on third down, but they didn't turn the ball over.  We did.  Four times.  And when that happens, and the other team scores off of it, you cant be ultra conservative and expect to win the game.....especially when you make no second half adjustments.  

Just really, really frustrating.  Now we have to win out and beat Alabama in the SEC championship.  Somehow I don't see that happening barring drastic changes.  I don't even know if we will beat Florida this year to be honest.  

• 3 weeks later...

Big game later today that essentially decides the SEC East, and I couldn't be more worried coming off of our last two games.  If there are any new wrinkles to this offense, any at all, they need to pull out all of the stops against Florida.  

This is also the GOTW thread for the college forum this weekend, so feel free to discuss it in either thread.  For reference, the GOTW thread is posted below.  

• Like 1

We got the win today, which puts us in the driver's seat for the SEC East and keeps our playoff hopes alive to win out.  

What a great game from Lawrence Cager today.  I was very impressed with him today.  Fromm also had a solid game, much better than the past couple weeks.  I am looking for the offense to build on their success through the air the rest of the season.  Considering how well Florida stopped the run (Swift would've had 56 yards on 25 carries if not for a 30 yard burst) I will take Fromm's return from this game.  

We've got Missouri next weekend at home, followed by a trip to Auburn.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we've got the SEC championship game on Saturday.  The new and improved LSU offense, versus the UGA offense still in the stone age.  GT was a welcomed warm up game for this, but I am very concerned on offense.  Cager is out for the game, and Pickens is going to miss the first half due to suspension.  Swift also has an injury and is likely to play, but if he is hampered by it at all, game over Dawgs.  

• 2 weeks later...

If anything, the loss to LSU should be an indicator to Kirby that he needs to do something to get this offense out of the stone age.  Even Sam Pittman, in his introductory press conference as Arkansas's head coach, made a comment about it.  If Coley isn't out and a new coordinator brought in- I was lukewarm on the Mike Bobo reunion, but not happy he is going to SCar- then we need to hire someone who can bring in new ideas on offense as passing game coordinator, similar to Joe Brady and LSU.  That is easier said than done, as a lot of coaches may be trying to do just that this off-season.  

Speaking of Pittman, while I think it's a puzzling move for Arkansas to name him their head coach for a variety of reasons, I wish him well.  Matt Luke has been hired to the same Associate Head Coach/Offensive Line position.  It was shaping up to be a damn good recruiting effort along the offensive line, and it is a reasonable assumption to assume some change, but the immediate switch to Luke should be able to maintain most of the class, supplementing with some recruits of his own.  

I'm also not looking forward to another Sugar Bowl appearance, and against a Baylor team that has infinitely more to play for than us.  I hope we don't have a repeat of last year, but it wouldn't surprise me if we do, especially if Swift and Thomas elect not to play.