#4 Georgia Bulldogs Thread 1-0 | Auburn next up

coors

18 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Walker being hurt during the SEC championship made the difference when Hurts came in last year as much as anything. I dont have a problem with the ball control offense as much as the seemingly not going after the jugular when facing upper teired teams. 

Fields may be good, he may not be. I didnt care for ohio st before meyer went there and it is safe to say I really dont care for them now. I'm more interested honestly in how Eason does in Washington more than Fields.

The ball control offense is kinda a reason why we dont go for the jugular against upper tiered teams.  

I have a feeling Eason is going to look pretty good in Petersen's offense.  Of that I have no doubt.  I actually expect both Fromm and Eason to be entering the 2020 NFL draft if they have good seasons.  

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We beat Vanderbilt 30-6.  While it was a dominating defensive performance, I thought we left a lot to be desired offensively.  I'm interested in hearing thoughts from you guys and any other Georgia fans on here. 

The running game was very impressive.  In total, Georgia put up 323 yards of rushing.  The offensive line dominated the trenches.  Swift ran for 147 yards, and Brian Herrien proved to be an effective #2.  I was extremely impressed with Zamir White in his first game action in two years.  He had some nice runs, and handled contact very well.  

The offensive line also held up well against the pass rush.  They did not allow any sacks and for the most part, Fromm had plenty of time.  

Speaking of Fromm, the offensive gameplan did not show us much.  He only took a handful of shots down the field, and he was essentially finished passing by the middle of the third quarter.  If we are going to continue to limit the offense and not open things up, we do not have a chance against the top teams.  As @devils1854mentioned in the main GDT, maybe we are trying to hide the offense until we get to Notre Dame.  But the offense has to evolve.  

Defensively, I liked what i saw.  We stifled the passing attack, and they actually ran for more yards than they passed.  I am a bit concerned that we allowed Vaughn to run for 4.9 YPC.  Pass-rush also looked pretty solid.  

Eyyyy whatup boys.

80% of that crowd last night was red. Love it. 

Expectations? Natty or bust. Probably the last year of Fromm and Swift. Must take advantage of that.

Interested to see who stands out at WR and becomes the big target. #16 looked good last night. 

• Like 1

Isaiah Wilson injured in practice yesterday, expected to miss "extended time" 

Wilson was injured during a “thud” drill during the latter stages of Georgia’s practice, DawgNation has learned. Wilson is expected to miss an extended amount of time, but Coach Kirby Smart has not yet addressed the injury.

It would seem one likely adjustment for Saturday’s game is for sophomore Cade Mays to move from right guard to right tackle, and redshirt junior Ben Cleveland to get the start at right guard.

At practice, however, sophomore offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer was the next man up after Wilson left the field with injury.

Salyer figures to see his first action of the year after returning to practice on Tuesday, though his conditioning would be a question mark.

Read More: https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-injury-update-for-murray-state