Bears extend CB Jaylon Johnson (4 years, $76M, $54.4 gtd)

RaidersAreOne

The king returns. Honestly if I’m Chicago I’m trading him and getting a monster return. This is a deep CB draft. Chicago won’t compete for another 2-3 years. So why sign him to a 3-4 year deal worth 100 million? Just never made sense to me how teams operate. 

Let another team pay him a monster contract and get a 1st plus a second and keep building the O. 

• Like 2

No surprise. He had a great year. 

I’m not sure if he’s taking the next step or this was just a flash kind of year, but Chicago has the movement to gamble on it. Keep him, Chicago.

31 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Non-Exclusive tag, so he can negotiate with other teams next week.

edit:  but it would cost another team 2 FRPs if they signed him and bears didn’t match.

I think the Bears can negotiate the compensation with another team so it's not necessarily two firsts, as no one is gonna give that.

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

So why sign him to a 3-4 year deal worth 100 million?

Same reason the Rams won't trade Aaron Donald to a contender, even though the Rams ain't winning crap. Sometimes you need to reward your own players, especially when they are 26. Plus who else is Chicago going to pay? Sweat is taken care of and Jaylon is their only other stud with a contract that ends this year or next. 

Edited by Jeezla

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Same reason the Rams won't trade Aaron Donald to a contender, even though the Rams ain't winning crap. Sometimes you need to reward your own players, especially when they are 26. Plus who else is Chicago going to pay? Sweat is taken care of and Jaylon is their only other stud with a contract that ends this year or next. 

1) you can’t compare. 
2) we made the playoffs and put up a fight on the road vs the team that had the Niners on the rope. 
3)Donald is older. He doesn’t have a 1st round value nor he will be traded(legacy player). 
4)What was that stray got Damm. 

Decent chunk of change. More than I’d want to give him, just because I’m not sure if this was a flash in the pan year, but hard to say he’s not worth that if he continues at this level.

Chicago actually did something with their money and re-signed a home grown guy!