Reggie Bush (wants) to retire as a Saint

Spartica4Real

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1447321

I'll welcome him back so he can sign a 1 day contract and retire here! He may have never turned into the player we all hoped he could be but man he was an exciting player. He also carved out an entire position in our offense that we still use to this day with Sproles and now Kamara. I'll never forget the excitement during the offseason of 06 when we signed Brees and then the Texans passed on Reggie and we got him. That was the turnaround of Saints football, so while he may not be some legendary Saint on the field and won't have his number retired or anything like that lol, I say bring him home on a 1 day and let him retire as a Saint. 

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'll never forget the amazing game he had against the Cardinals in the 2009 Divisional round.

Him calling PTs Super Bowl touchdown and sprinting onto the field when it happened was a great moment too.

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Love Reggie. His selection really changed psyche of this team. I don’t think we have the success we had without him. 

Yeah people calling him a bust are just so wrong. On the field he wasn’t what we thought but he was an integral part of a Super Bowl winning team. You take that at #2 every time and never look back.

8 hours ago, Raves said:

dilly dilly.  Bring him back

They will and deservedly so... Bush was a big part of our superbowl roster and the original speciality back in Payton's offense. Im glad to hear he wants to retire a Saint, love it even more that he says hes coming back HOME!

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Bush was a big part of our superbowl roster and the original speciality back in Payton's offense. 

I'd have to say that honor would actually go to Marshall Faulk in 1993. It wasn't exactly "Payton's" offense, but I have no doubt that season really helped Payton define the position for what it meant to his team. 

19 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'd have to say that honor would actually go to Marshall Faulk in 1993. It wasn't exactly "Payton's" offense, but I have no doubt that season really helped Payton define the position for what it meant to his team. 

I mean without Bush, I don't think Payton would've gone through such lengths to get a Flex-back like he has over the years.  He probably would've went AJ Hawk at #2, at least that was the reports, and we might've gone a much more defensive/pound the ball traditional offense.  IIRC we ran a pretty normal offense the first year with just a few wrinkles using Reggie and it just grew each year as Payton found ways to use him. 

17 minutes ago, Raves said:

I mean without Bush, I don't think Payton would've gone through such lengths to get a Flex-back like he has over the years.  He probably would've went AJ Hawk at #2, at least that was the reports, and we might've gone a much more defensive/pound the ball traditional offense.  IIRC we ran a pretty normal offense the first year with just a few wrinkles using Reggie and it just grew each year as Payton found ways to use him. 

The Hawk rumors were true so for those who feel Bush was a bust just remember that Payton's 2nd choice was a guy who had a very underwhelming career at linebacker. Also if Hawk is drafted do the Saints eventually trade for Vilma??? 

Archived