Cardinals vs Redskins thread ?

Dashing202

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m curious what the rules would be if he did that.  I don’t see why we couldn’t slap the franchise tag on him again the following year, and since it technically wasn’t back to Back franchise tags I wonder if it would reset back to the cheaper amount.

I think after the third tag of any kind, that's it. We also can't trade him anymore either. There's also a little known rule that a guy on hogshaven posted that a player cannot be traded if he's franchise tagged a third time. So we either re-sign Kirk or lose him for nothing this off-season. There's no more trading him. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think after the third tag of any kind, that's it. We also can't trade him anymore either. There's also a little known rule that a guy on hogshaven posted that a player cannot be traded if he's franchise tagged a third time. So we either re-sign Kirk or lose him for nothing this off-season. There's no more trading him. 

Well if he walked we would get a 3rd round compensatory pick so, it’s not like we’d lose him for nothing.

Also, if we transition tag him, can’t we not only match the offer but also call the team up who wants to sign him and threaten to match the offer unless they trade us a draft pick or player?

That’s what I’d do at least.

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Kirk ain't signing with us. That ship sailed the moment we failed to get to 10 or 11 wins. He's not coming back to an 8-8 (at best) or 6-10 (at worst) dumpster fire.

That’s certainly an opinion that may or may not be true. He also could look at the young talent we have on offense and defense and believe we are only going to get better.

He could think wow! We had so many injuries this year to good and great players and we are still around a .500 team?

It can only get better with another good draft and a little more luck with injuries to our starters.

7 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i was at the game. the line gets no push in the run game

breeland was abused

kirk has no help

WR's are poor

a couple of skin fans yelling for colt ( they were drunk)

Definitely agree our OL is in shambles and gets no push and on top of that our TEs suck at blocking. It’s kind of to be expected considering we’re on our 3rd team center, our starting LG is a player we cut before the season, the starting LT was a player who missed more than half the season with an injury and our RT probably should be on IR considering the ankle injuries he’s dealing with.

How many passes were completed on either of our top 2 corners? 4 or 5? That’s not many. I wouldn’t say either of them were abused. Sure, they weren’t perfect but they weren’t exactly abused either. I remember just one play where Nelson caught a 46 yard pass on Breeland but he made the tackle and they only got a FG on the drive.

I definitely agree Kirk doesn’t have much help considering all our injuries on offense but the young running backs did show well so that’s something to look forward too.

Our WR core needs an upgrade opposite Doctson for sure whether that’s through FA or the draft. Grant and Harris are ok, but they should be #4 and 5 WRs, not starting.

13 hours ago, Slateman said:

Now the pass is 5 feet? Thought it was 10?

My expectations for Doctson are in line with his scouting report: He catches 50/50 balls. Because that's all he brings to the table.

Well that’s certainly not true. He and Grant were going against Patrick Peterson most of the day. Look, I’ll be the first to admit that Doctson needs to do better. If he gets his hands on a pass he needs to catch it. He’s dropped a handful of passes this year that he should have caught and if he, Crowder and Pryor didn’t have the drops they had this year we probably have the reverse record right now or better.

That being said, Doctson has shown the ability to run every single route in the route tree and get open. He’s capable of going deep, he’s capable of catching 50/50 balls and he runs crisp shorter routes but he does need to become more consistent. He’s basically a rookie still. 

I really don’t agree with people choosing sides in the Cousins Vs WRs blame when a pass isn’t completed. It’s shades of gray, sometimes Kirk makes the mistake and sometimes the WRs don’t get open or drop a catchable ball.  Then sometimes the OL doesn’t give Kirk enough time to find an open receiver downfield.

The bottom line is that it’s still amazing that despite the inconsistencies with our young WR, OL and RBs all year that Kirk is on pace to throw over 4,000 yards again and more TDs than last year and his least amount of ints since he’s been the starter.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m curious what the rules would be if he did that.  I don’t see why we couldn’t slap the franchise tag on him again the following year, and since it technically wasn’t back to Back franchise tags I wonder if it would reset back to the cheaper amount.

Because a team like Cleveland or Jacksonville could come in and offer him 32M AAV and the idiots Bruce Allen and Co. wouldnt match it. He would leave and we would have nothing. The transition tag is best used to either find the market value for a position or to use on a K or P when the contract is not agreed upon. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well if he walked we would get a 3rd round compensatory pick so, it’s not like we’d lose him for nothing.

Also, if we transition tag him, can’t we not only match the offer but also call the team up who wants to sign him and threaten to match the offer unless they trade us a draft pick or player?

That’s what I’d do at least.

No you can’t trade him on transition tag. 

just watched the game. It was an ugly game. 

Kirk played brillantly. P rine runs hard but there are no holes. Moses cant run block and Davis at TE doesnt want to run block. None of our wide receivers block downfield. Arie, is a best a fourth  guard. Just play Ty at RT and move Moses to LT and stop being so hard headed- If you want to run, move TY next to scherff and get a big tight end in there and you can run the Dam ball. 

The defense played hard, but you have to remember they were playing against Gabbert, who is awful, and they still cant stop teams until Gabbert stopped then time and time and time again in our red zone. Fuller has really developed well. 

Why is crowder still returning punts? Put Breeland there or anybody. He is awful letting balls hit the ground and that kickoff that arizona covered was high school football, very poor coaching and player recognition by Niles Paul and Sprinkle. Thats the type of play that kills a team

lucky to get a win against a very bad team so not going to take much from this other than what we already knew and that Kirk can take huge hit and keep on ticking  and we messed up our draft position and JAllen will say to lil danny- "we aint the worst team" 

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure. That would be interesting to find out though. But I think we're in uncharted territory

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

just watched the game. It was an ugly game. 

Kirk played brillantly. P rine runs hard but there are no holes. Moses cant run block and Davis at TE doesnt want to run block. None of our wide receivers block downfield. Arie, is a best a fourth  guard. Just play Ty at RT and move Moses to LT and stop being so hard headed- If you want to run, move TY next to scherff and get a big tight end in there and you can run the Dam ball. 

The defense played hard, but you have to remember they were playing against Gabbert, who is awful, and they still cant stop teams until Gabbert stopped then time and time and time again in our red zone. Fuller has really developed well. 

Why is crowder still returning punts? Put Breeland there or anybody. He is awful letting balls hit the ground and that kickoff that arizona covered was high school football, very poor coaching and player recognition by Niles Paul and Sprinkle. Thats the type of play that kills a team

lucky to get a win against a very bad team so not going to take much from this other than what we already knew and that Kirk can take huge hit and keep on ticking  and we messed up our draft position and JAllen will say to lil danny- "we aint the worst team" 

Nsekhe played RT Against Dallas and was abused. He’s not as comfortable on the right side and Moses is now comfortable on the right side after struggling to transition to RT from LT as a rookie. Moses is also hurt and should probably be on IR and would be if we had a reliable 4th OT who could take over for him but we don’t. 

I agree with most of the rest especially that our WRs and TEs aren’t blocking well. There is no excuse for how poorly they are blocking.

I will also say that Arizona’s offense may be bad, but they have one of the best defenses in the NFL and that’s why the offense struggled some. The play by Tramon Williams in the endzone to jump up and break up a possible TD pass was tremendous. They have the NFL Sack leader - Chandler Jones - an All-Pro CB in Peterson and a great FS in Mathieu. They also have a good ILBs and a good DL.

You guys say Doctson can't catch but majority of his catches are ridiculously hard with the defender literally on his body 

he isn't an number 1 he can be the starter next year for sure but we gotta bring in a wideout that's dependable . Landry my first option I feel as if he's an upgrade version of Garçon 

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

You guys say Doctson can't catch but majority of his catches are ridiculously hard with the defender literally on his body 

he isn't an number 1 he can be the starter next year for sure but we gotta bring in a wideout that's dependable . Landry my first option I feel as if he's an upgrade version of Garçon 

If it hits your hands you should catch it, especially if you’re a pro. Also, Landry just signed a long term deal with the Dolphins.

I think we’ll re-sign Grant and also drsft a wr relatively early in the draft.

Archived