Week 15 GDT: Bears @ Lions

blkwdw13

This is all we to look forward to at the end of the season.

firefox_2017_logo.jpg

Jeff Dickerson ESPN Staff Writer 

Chicago Bears inactives vs. Detroit: QB Mark Sanchez, DB Deiondre Hall, RB Taquan Mizzell, S Adrian Amos, OL Cameron Lee, DL Rashaad Coward and TE Adam Shaheen,

And with those inactives it's a set back for the development of Shaheen.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Jordan Howard had been the most reliable receiving target today.... 

I'm at the point where we need to just clean house receiver wise... Meredith is the only guy I even want back at this point. 

It has seemed Wright and Inman were only depth players, and being forces into starting roles hurts them and the offense as a whole. But were they that bad today? Were they dropping passes or running poor routes, etc? 

Just checked into my hotel and didn't get to watch any of the game. 

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It has seemed Wright and Inman were only depth players, and being forces into starting roles hurts them and the offense as a whole. But were they that bad today? Were they dropping passes or running poor routes, etc? 

I'd probably need a good rewatch or two to see how their route running was.... but it was a dumpster fire for our passing game today in general.... Nothing downfield was getting open or being thrown to if it ever did get open (as usual), Mitch was having a really rough time with his ball placement today (numerous passes either sailing or behind the target), and there where a number of drops.   Truth be told it's not really anything we haven't been seeing all season, with the exception of Mitch also playing badly.... It's was just extra obvious this week after last week's offensive successes, and when we're playing from behind with our running game getting pretty thoroughly owned.

Howard, to his credit, I don't think dropped a pass a day, and Cohen had a really slick one handed grab on a poor Trubisky throw well behind him as he was going out to the flat. Wright/Wheaton/Bellamy/Innman did themselves no favors, however.... (and I think it was Wright that had the big mouth after last week's success talking about how the Bears WRs just needed more targets)

Also...... for those in need of a good laugh:

The most frustrating part of yesterday’s game was that we tacitly surrendered several times. Most specifically, we got the ball with 9:23 left in the 4th down 17, and he a 16-play, SEVEN MINUTE drive. No hurry up. Full huddle, run the play clock down under 15 every play and several down right to zero. Yeah, we scored a TD, but where was the GD urgency? We played like we were content to lose 20-10. But what about not going for it on 4th and 1 at midfield in the first half down 6-0? Fox said we have field position to lose. No crap. But also the game if you don’t take calculated risks when available to you. What are you telling your offense if you don’t think your pro bowl RB can get one yard? 

I can deal with losing. We are an undermanned team right now at several key positions. What I can’t deal with is with not trying to win. If we were tanking for the greater good then fine, at least that’s a plan. But that isn’t what’s happening here, which makes it inexcusable on every level. 

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I thought with Fox was at least was going to be a professional coach.

You cannot describe the slap stick nature of his coaching as anything close to professional.

It is a bad day when you 100% believe this is a better team right now had Trestman still been in charge.

Archived