Week 15 GDT: Bears @ Lions

blkwdw13

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It is a bad day when you 100% believe this is a better team right now had Trestman still been in charge.

Trestman s locker room was a mess, but at least he was not a total game day incompetent and his offense was reasonable to watch.

Mt10 did not really play that bad it just happens that he made some rookie mistakes and truthfully he was due for a game like this.  First int, like the read i like the decision it was a physical mistake in floating the ball too much.  2nd int was a rookie qb trying to make a play happen and was a bad decision.  The 3rd int, i cant say ik for certain but i really feel like that one was daniel brown not finishing his route. And i 100% agree az, the coaching of being content to lose drove me nuts

I could care less about the loss, but Trubisky had a bad day, perhaps his worst as a Bear.   You can say what you want about rookies, but that was pretty rough and playcalling, bad catchers can only explain so much.  Hope he can shake it off and keep making progress under difficult conditions.  Oof.  

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

And man, I'm watching the Packers game and those guys are going for it on 4th and 5!  Can't imagine the next coach could possibly be more conservative, so I'm looking forward to-if nothing else- next HC being a little more bold so the games are more exciting.

They got it too.  Nice bootleg and pickup.  Wonder if anyone we know around here could do that? Anyone that rhymes with Ritual Too Risky?

And if you're looking for good news about the draft, the Clots play the  Texans later this season.  If we hold position and the texans win, the only 2 teams ahead of us with QB need are Cleveland (probably need QB)  and NYG (need QB but maybe not first round?).  Behind us will the Broncos (really really need QB, in draft though?) Cincinnati (maybe?) Jets (yes please) Wash (maybe) Ravens (maybe) Buff (maybe)

Pretty decent chance we can have a premium pick or a trade, although not sure it would be worth being the Browns only win this season to stay put!

48 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Watching these saints highlights why wouldnt we want this offense?  They run downhill with ingram like we do with Howard.  They get Kamara the ball in space like we do with Cohen.  We are a Michael Thomas away from being able to replicate most of what they do.  

Could not agree more. Mitch is most like Brees.

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Mt10 did not really play that bad it just happens that he made some rookie mistakes and truthfully he was due for a game like this.  First int, like the read i like the decision it was a physical mistake in floating the ball too much.  2nd int was a rookie qb trying to make a play happen and was a bad decision.  The 3rd int, i cant say ik for certain but i really feel like that one was daniel brown not finishing his route. And i 100% agree az, the coaching of being content to lose drove me nuts

Yea I was surprised at the way Slay was shooting his mouth off about his 2 picks. He talked about coming off his guy on the first one but if not for the overthrow he would have been in position to do nothing but watch Wright catch it and run out of bounds, and on the second one he would have been behind the play had Brown run his route as Mitch thought he would (described in the post game presser as “miscommunication”). The 2nd pick in the end zone was bad for sure (not Slay’s) but let’s not pretend that Slay’s takeaways were because he made great plays on the ball. He had two picks pretty much fall right into his lap. I guess he made the catches though, so there’s that *COUGH* Fuller *COUGH*.

Archived