Week 15 GDT: Bears @ Lions

blkwdw13

2nd time this season I'm hearing this nonsense but apparently a lot of our locker room after the Lions loss was goofing around and laughing. Some players, names were named, were somber and downtrodden but there was a lot more upbeat players than one would expect.

I'm starting to hate these jagbags.

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

2nd time this season I'm hearing this nonsense but apparently a lot of our locker room after the Lions loss was goofing around and laughing. Some players, names were named, were somber and downtrodden but there was a lot more upbeat players than one would expect.

The season has been over for them for a while now.  They all know the coach is getting fired, they'll all be on vacation someplace warms in two weeks and its the holidays.  don't be a Grinch. 

5 hours ago, G08 said:

There was also the rumor that Jordan Howard was with 2 other teammates out drinking past 1am before one of the games he laid an egg in (I want to say 2 weeks ago, but might have been more)...

I mean, I like Howard, and the season was probably over before it started....... but that's the kind of stuff that, if true, would make me fine with grabbing Saquon Barkley +trading Howard. Fair weather fans only hurt ticket sales, fair weather players can be crippling to a team. Especially a guy who is one of the offense's main pieces.

Like with the constant penalties, Fox has absolutely no accountability/control over the team it seems.

38 minutes ago, Epyon said:

There was also the rumor that Jordan Howard was with 2 other teammates out drinking past 1am before one of the games he laid an egg in (I want to say 2 weeks ago, but might have been more)...

I mean, I like Howard, and the season was probably over before it started....... but that's the kind of stuff that, if true, would make me fine with grabbing Saquon Barkley +trading Howard. Fair weather fans only hurt ticket sales, fair weather players can be crippling to a team. Especially a guy who is one of the offense's main pieces.

Like with the constant penalties, Fox has absolutely no accountability/control over the team it seems.

I bet more players do that then we realize. Players need incentives and motivation- what exactly is there to play for for them? We also have no enforcer on this team like Lach or Krutz.

No Hicks or Howard.....

Finally getting his shoulder done perhaps?

Oh... and fun something I saw on Facebook.... EDIT: and apparently chisoxguy7 posted about hours before this post

Since December 15, 2015 , The Star Wars franchise has made 3x as many movies (3), as Browns have had total wins (1).

This season could end real ugly (like Trestman level), if we lose this week.....

16 minutes ago, Epyon said:
Oh... and fun something I saw on Facebook....

Since December 15, 2015 , The Star Wars franchise has made 3x as many movies (3), as Browns have had total wins (1).

This season could end real ugly (like Trestman level), if we lose this week.....

pretty sure someone just posted this today in TABT?

11 hours ago, G08 said:

I dunno... if you have a really crappy day at work but when you’re getting ready to go home don’t you also goof off a little bit with your buddies? I know I do, and these guys put in a lot more hours than I do. I don’t need them to drag *** all over about a loss. I want them to prepare appropriately and play balls out for 3+ hours on game day. Outside of that, they’re just people leaving work for the day after the game. 

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I dunno... if you have a really crappy day at work but when you’re getting ready to go home don’t you also goof off a little bit with your buddies? I know I do, and these guys put in a lot more hours than I do. I don’t need them to drag *** all over about a loss. I want them to prepare appropriately and play balls out for 3+ hours on game day. Outside of that, they’re just people leaving work for the day after the game. 

I don't look at it as a crappy day more as a day where as a manager I messed up or I didn't do my job well enough to get the results required. If that happens, no I won't be goofing off or laughing with buddies, I'd be the exact opposite. Pissed off, annoyed ,and thinking how I could have done better.

12 hours ago, Epyon said:

No Hicks or Howard.....

Finally getting his shoulder done perhaps?

Oh... and fun something I saw on Facebook.... EDIT: and apparently chisoxguy7 posted about hours before this post

Rotoworld reporting today it was neck surgery resulting from playing with the labrum issue, and also that there are two more surgeries he will undergo this offseason. We really need to think about a contingency plan for him.

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Rotoworld reporting today it was neck surgery resulting from playing with the labrum issue, and also that there are two more surgeries he will undergo this offseason. We really need to think about a contingency plan for him.

We also need to consider that this is going to be a new coaching staff and it was already a lot of money for even an elite OG...for one who is so beat up it's tough to justify and this comes from someone who loves Kyle Long and what he brings to a locker room as much as to the field.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:11 AM, Madmike90 said:

It is a bad day when you 100% believe this is a better team right now had Trestman still been in charge.

I've been having a bad day then since somewhere between the end of last season and beginning of this season. lol

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We also need to consider that this is going to be a new coaching staff and it was already a lot of money for even an elite OG...for one who is so beat up it's tough to justify and this comes from someone who loves Kyle Long and what he brings to a locker room as much as to the field.

Depending on what happens in FA, he could be traded or cut, and I wouldn’t be surprised. Pace doesn’t let emotions get involved in these decisions, and if it’s what is best for the team, it will happen.

51 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

While not popular or likely, I liken Massie to Bushrod. Neither was a good OT, but were better suited to play as guards. Neither could handle speed rushers, both were better in the run game than the pass game. There Massie would actually at least be an above average athlete.

Say Massie is the 35th best OT (I am not sold on that, just a number). I think he could be the around 25th best OG. Not dominant, but definitely would be better for him IMO. With the OT market looking bleak IDK if we will upgrade him, but if we draft a player that beats him I would at minimum look at throwing him elsewhere. Get the best 5 OL in the field.

I still think he is a goner. but I've been wrong 3.25 times in my life so far. lol

Archived