2024 Chiefs Skeleton Depth Chart

KC_Guy

Trimmed the depth chart down to 53 players.

I assume the Chiefs will bring in one or two additional veterans.
UDFA I may (possibly) consider once we have the official list AFTER the mini camp. However, the Chiefs didn't keep many UDFA on the active roster over the past years.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Will update after the dust of minicamp settles. Absolutely befuddled by the release of Christiansen  ...

Not released. The withdrawn tender made Christiansen an UFA, so I see your point, but there is a significant difference. 

Tendered players are not on the roster, yet. Christiansen can sign with anyone including the Chiefs. 

On a related note, the  RB and LB rooms are loaded with UDFA. These are all competing for the same ST jobs. 

Edited by onejayhawk

Posted (edited)

Noticed later. But somewhere I saw a note of him being signed  ... that's why I had him "under contract".
Just wonder what was the cause .. Christiansen being unhappy in his backup/yet-to-be-defined role looking for greener pastures - and thus looking elsewhere (well without being able to .... as an ERFA)?

Edited by KC_Guy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Re-shuffled a bit.

Obviously I assume the guy on NFI/PUP will be available when the season kicks off. If not I assume Caliendo will fill in for Thoney, Pennel or Lovett for the DL, Hadden or Joseph at DB.

In other news: While I was expecteding a Rice suspension that seems to be off for now with his first court appearance scheduled for December. So I put him in again, replacing Toney. For Toney the writing is on the wall. Even considering him moving to RB is not a good sign for a receiver at this point of his career.

I'm still on the edge about Rees-Zammit. His lack of football experience clearly is against him, but watching him running in a Rugby game  ... it justs wows me.

I have a suggestion. Make some form of designation for core ST players. 

• They are playing Lucas Niang at LG while Thuney is out. Take that possibility seriously. If Thuney is not active for game #1 I expect Godrick to be his replacement. 
  • At WR I think KT gets a spot. 
  • We have been going with four TEs for several years.

For what it may be worth
 https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_2024_roster_projection_10_tough_calls_for_reigning_champs/s1_16631_40653914

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2024 at 8:28 AM, onejayhawk said:

I have a suggestion. Make some form of designation for core ST players. 

• They are playing Lucas Niang at LG while Thuney is out. Take that possibility seriously. If Thuney is not active for game #1 I expect Godrick to be his replacement. 
  • At WR I think KT gets a spot. 
  • We have been going with four TEs for several years.

For what it may be worth
 https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_2024_roster_projection_10_tough_calls_for_reigning_champs/s1_16631_40653914

I think Toney is finally going to be cut.

OK, made some final adjustments, especially taking into account the JuJu signing.

From now on I will simply strike through players realesed/waived. I know some guys will go on IR/PUP or what ever - nevertheless I`ll have them on my 53. Others will fill in initially .. so there will be deviations. I just want to see how far off I was  ... weeks ago.

• Like 1