Bengals/Vikings

Johnny Nix

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think they'll bring the focus and energy against zims team. They'll probably keep it closer than the bears game because the NFL is weird. 

But in the end they're still going to get beat. 

I blame the lack of focus on the fact that they left everything they had on the field against Pitt, plus the short week.  We will play better, but lose by a FG in the end.  My guess is that Bullock misses a game tying one.  Then we get to draft the Auburn kicker (Carlson) or the Florida kicker and actually keep him)

Hey guys, you're welcome to stop by the Vikings forum during the game if you'd like. We don't bite (usually).

BTW I thought this was an interesting comment from Pacman earlier this week. Too bad Jones can't even back that up on the field because he's on IR.

32 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Eh we had 3 LBs playing that are rookies or special teamers. While I do think the team quit, I am not sure that the above image is that or just awful linebacker play

yeah, that makes sense. there are three defenders in that pic that are nowhere near where the offensive action is going on.

3 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Eh we had 3 LBs playing that are rookies or special teamers. While I do think the team quit, I am not sure that the above image is that or just awful linebacker play

IOt also begs the question, "Why did we keep playing that zone with three first year players and a veteran backup with a hamstring issue???"

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

IOt also begs the question, "Why did we keep playing that zone with three first year players and a veteran backup with a hamstring issue???"

This is what's frustrating me.  Unless it comes out that this is Marvin Lewis being stubborn and not Paul Guenther calling the defense this way, I want to move on from him as well.  Steelers D finally realized to not play so much zone against NE and their defense looked much better against Brady.  Why this team continues to play zone with inexperienced LBs makes zero sense.

At least I'm happy this is improving our draft position.  Competent coaching decisions might drop us out of the top 10 in the draft.  Thankfully we don't have any competent coaches left...

Archived