Raiders sign QB Gardner Minshew (2 years, $25M, $15M gtd)

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Some of these seem way out of place to me man, are they based on past performance or projection or who you’d take right now at QB over each other?

A little bit of everything honestly.  I factored in championships (Mahomes), injuries and age (Rodgers, Cousins, Burrow), recent play (J. Allen's 18 INTs; Tua 4th in INTs), and system (J. Hurts).

Which QBs seem way out of place to you?  I'm interested in your perspective.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

A little bit of everything honestly.  I factored in championships (Mahomes), injuries and age (Rodgers, Cousins, Burrow), recent play (J. Allen's 18 INTs; Tua 4th in INTs), and system (J. Hurts).

Which QBs seem way out of place to you?  I'm interested in your perspective.

Fair enough, its always subjective how much is placed on things like injuries, past form, age etc.

I’d definitely have Allen, Rodgers and Herbert much higher but I dont rate Goff at all. Prescott, Purdey and Love I’d have much lower.

Guys like Love and Stroud I want to see if they can produce like that consistently. I’d probably be more conservative on my ratings than most there, and I appreciate that. Burrow, I’d probably be a bit more lenient on the injuries and have him higher.

Again, appreciate some place more emphasis on different things 👍🏼

The way I look at it is that in this single upcoming season, who would I choose for the Raiders QB if we had a blank canvas, if we could trade for any at the same cost, for only one season, what order would I place them in. That’s a little different as it doesn’t factor in future or age and so on. 

Edited by Darbsk

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Fair enough, its always subjective how much is placed on things like injuries, past form, age etc.

I’d definitely have Allen, Rodgers and Herbert much higher but I dont rate Goff at all. Prescott, Purdey and Love I’d have much lower.

Guys like Love and Stroud I want to see if they can produce like that consistently. I’d probably be more conservative on my ratings than most there, and I appreciate that. Burrow, I’d probably be a bit more lenient on the injuries and have him higher.

Again, appreciate some place more emphasis on different things 👍🏼

The way I look at it is that in this single upcoming season, who would I choose for the Raiders QB if we had a blank canvas, if we could trade for any at the same cost, for only one season, what order would I place them in. That’s a little different as it doesn’t factor in future or age and so on. 

This (the bold) would be an interesting way to make the list.

I just couldn't rate Herbert much higher and Prescott much lower.  Not when you take into account their production and W-L records over the past few seasons.  It will be interesting though to see how they both do with them both having lost WRs this offseason.  I think Herbert without his top 2 WRs is going to look very different this year (his worst yet). 

I understand where you're coming from with Allen, Rodgers, Purdy, Love, Burrow, and Stroud.  I can see the vision.

Thanks for your response!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...