Raiders sign QB Gardner Minshew (2 years, $25M, $15M gtd)

22 hours ago, Jerry said:

He's not wrong.  But man, I can't stand AB.  He's like a crappy comedian with no filter.

I’m not sure it’s him controlling his X but his posts been funny imo. Maybe I just like low brow humor lol

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He’s still one of the worst starters in the league

He's actually not that bad. Like I said, he's a substantial upgrade from Jimmy and likely AOC. And can be cut for cheap next year. That is a very good start.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's actually not that bad. Like I said, he's a substantial upgrade from Jimmy and likely AOC. And can be cut for cheap next year. That is a very good start.

He's a check down merchant that limits your offense because of his lack of arm strength. Last year on throws 10+ yards down the field: 67/139 (48%), 1,564 yards, 9 TD, 7 INT. So again, even if he's a "substantial upgrade" over Jimmy he's not over AOC and doesn't move the needle either way. He was with one of the better offensive minds in the league last year and they really limited what they wanted to do to accommodate his skill-set. Lets see how he looks with one of the worst play callers in the NFL.

Minshew is probably going to be a better QB than AOC next year unless there is a nice jump in play from AOC.  At what positions are we in a wose position than last year?  I think we have improved overall and will have a full season without JMD.  I am guessing we will win 10 games next year and the only things that will change that are injuries and the team not playing with the same intensity they had in the 2nd half of last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Minshew is probably going to be a better QB than AOC next year unless there is a nice jump in play from AOC.  At what positions are we in a wose position than last year?  I think we have improved overall and will have a full season without JMD.  I am guessing we will win 10 games next year and the only things that will change that are injuries and the team not playing with the same intensity they had in the 2nd half of last year.

Just gotta hope they can feast on a bunch of backup QBs again I guess.

39 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

IF Gardner puts up 200 yards, 2 tds and 1 int week 1 and we get a win, I better see an apology thread from you LMAO

Considering that has only happened 8 times in 49 career games, I got you. 

Looking at his career, he has 9 300+ yard passing games and his teams went 1-8 in those games.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 2:08 PM, NYRaider said:

He’s still one of the worst starters in the league

He also played for some of the worst teams in the NFL. I totally expect him to do better this year with all the tools the Raiders have on offense.

ranking the starting QB in NFL

• 1- Mahomes
  • 2- Josh Allen
  • 3- Burrow 
  • 4- Jackson
  • 5- Stroud
  • 6- Stafford
  • 7- Rodgers
  • 8- Herbert
  • 9- Dak
  • 10- Kyler  
  • 11- DC