Bengals HC Marvin Lewis to leave Bengals

LinderFournette

39 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Can you take Mike Zimmer back?

So I consider Zimmer from the Parcells coaching tree, not the Marvin Lewis coaching tree.  I would take Zimmer back in a heartbeat.

Also, Zimmer should have never left.  Bengal fans have been proven correct IMO that Zimmer is a better HC than Marvin Lewis.  We should have fired/not renewed Marvin's contract years ago and promoted Zimmer to HC.  Everyone respected Zimmer on the team, so while the optics might have been messy, it could have worked.  Too late now, but hopefully we don't make the mistake of trying to hire Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Darrin Simmons, Paul Guenther, etc...

Give me a fresh start...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

So I consider Zimmer from the Parcells coaching tree, not the Marvin Lewis coaching tree.  I would take Zimmer back in a heartbeat.

Also, Zimmer should have never left.  Bengal fans have been proven correct IMO that Zimmer is a better HC than Marvin Lewis.  We should have fired/not renewed Marvin's contract years ago and promoted Zimmer to HC.  Everyone respected Zimmer on the team, so while the optics might have been messy, it could have worked.  Too late now, but hopefully we don't make the mistake of trying to hire Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Darrin Simmons, Paul Guenther, etc...

Give me a fresh start...

Oh no you will take back Hue Jackson 

a.jpg

I could easily see Hue Jackson leaving the Browns if he's not fired to go back to Cinci. It seems like they wanted him to be the guy after Lewis left and now the opportunity has presented itself. My gut tells me the Browns fire Hue Jackson regardless of the "support" he's gotten in recent weeks from Haslam and Dorsey. He subsequently ends up in Cincinnati.

I feel like Marvin Lewis is going to take some time away from football. I don't know why I get that sense, but I don't see him becoming another team's HC right off the bat.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I could easily see Hue Jackson leaving the Browns if he's not fired to go back to Cinci. It seems like they wanted him to be the guy after Lewis left and now the opportunity has presented itself. My gut tells me the Browns fire Hue Jackson regardless of the "support" he's gotten in recent weeks from Haslam and Dorsey. He subsequently ends up in Cincinnati.

I feel like Marvin Lewis is going to take some time away from football. I don't know why I get that sense, but I don't see him becoming another team's HC right off the bat.

I think he and Hue want to work together.  I could see Hue coming back with Lewis moving to the front office.  i could see the two of them reuniting in Cleveland somehow, but no idea what role Marvin would have.  I could see them being hired in tandem by another team, be it this year or somewhere down the line.  I could see Marvin getting a HC job somewhere, and bringing along Hue as his OC.  My gut says that if they reunite, it is in Cincy, since that was the supposed plan they had before Brown wouldn't legally commit to it in writing, so Hue left.  The whole McCarron for a second and third wreaks of the plan still being in place.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

It won't be his choice to take some time away.... he's un-hirable as an NFL HC. He doesn't come from a winning program, he's 0-7 in the playoffs and he doesn't have the personality/gravitas to excite a fan base. There is exactly one owner in the NFL who would sign off on Marvin's mediocrity and his name is Mike Brown

Now that that gig is up, he's not going to get another NFL HC job... Ever.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:09 AM, Shanedorf said:

It won't be his choice to take some time away.... he's un-hirable as an NFL HC. He doesn't come from a winning program, he's 0-7 in the playoffs and he doesn't have the personality/gravitas to excite a fan base. There is exactly one owner in the NFL who would sign off on Marvin's mediocrity and his name is Mike Brown

Now that that gig is up, he's not going to get another NFL HC job... Ever.

You realize Jeff Fisher got a second job right?

On 12/18/2017 at 2:06 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Give me a fresh start...

Speaking of teams that should of promoted Zimmer to HC years ago.....

Archived