Week 15 Game Day Thread

Crickett

Just now, Jetzger said:

No you are literally wrong.  The ball can move as long as it doesn't hit the ground.  IF THE PLAYER IS FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS and the ball moves, then he is out of bounds by the time he has possession, thus incomplete pass, e.g. the Dez Bryant play.  On this play he wasn't going out of bounds, and there wasn't a clear shot of the ball hitting the ground with his hands not underneath.

Seriously how do you not know this?

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Goodwin looks like a legit wr2. It's bizarre lol

Get Jimmy a big downfield WR and he's going to be an MVP contender.

None of this is surprising btw, Patriot fans knew he was special. Just wish Shanny wouldn't have unleashed him this season. I thought that 2nd round pick was gonna be #33... :(

Just now, PatriotsWin! said:

Get Jimmy a big downfield WR and he's going to be an MVP contender.

None of this is surprising btw, Patriot fans knew he was special. Just wish Shanny wouldn't have unleashed him this season. I thought that 2nd round pick was gonna be #33... :(

It was a joke that Shanny waited until Beathard got hurt to start him. 

3 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

No you are literally wrong.  The ball can move as long as it doesn't hit the ground.  IF THE PLAYER IS FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS and the ball moves, then he is out of bounds by the time he has possession, thus incomplete pass, e.g. the Dez Bryant play.  On this play he wasn't going out of bounds, and there wasn't a clear shot of the ball hitting the ground with his hands not underneath.

The ball did hit the ground.

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

Good news. Will probably affect some fantasy football championships though.

How do you cure a partial torn muscle? This post makes it seem like R.I.C.E is the etiquette technique to heal..

Which i doubt it. Might as well rub some bengay. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yup. We are very happy with Jimmy G, but his deep ball needs a lot of work, and the red zone woes are a problem right now. He's a legit quarterback. How legit, I don't know...top 5? top 10? just top half? I don't know. But he's good enough to be the future. But the team still has a lot of holes to fill. Shanny's offense will make him better as well. 

Part of the deep ball accuracy should improve when he's able to step up into the pocket.  If I recall, Matt Ryan had similar issues until Atlanta brought in Alex Mack and Andy Levitre - people tended to blame a "lack of arm strength" but it was really that he wasn't being given proper space/spacing to step into his throws unless he was taking a 5+ step drop.

Just now, The LBC said:

Part of the deep ball accuracy should improve when he's able to step up into the pocket.  If I recall, Matt Ryan had similar issues until Atlanta brought in Alex Mack and Andy Levitre - people tended to blame a "lack of arm strength" but it was really that he wasn't being given proper space/spacing to step into his throws unless he was taking a 5+ step drop.

I'm actually convinced that we are tanking our tank job so we slide into a better draft position to take Quenton Nelson since nobody likes to take guards in the top 5 :D

9 minutes ago, El ramster said:

How do you cure a partial torn muscle? This post makes it seem like R.I.C.E is the etiquette technique to heal..

Which i doubt it. Might as well rub some bengay. 

All sprains are "partial tears," technically.  It's all a matter of varying degrees of tear.  Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to interpret "tear" and "rupture" (complete tear) as being the same thing.

17 minutes ago, Starless said:

It was a joke that Shanny waited until Beathard got hurt to start him. 

Well, according to Lynch he was really struggling with the terminology in practice. That was still true leading up until the Bears game. 

But I don't think Beathard's injury is the reason he got to play. Most of us expected him to get the start vs Chicago anyways, and Garoppolo was starting to get more and more 1st team snaps in practice after the bye week. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, according to Lynch he was really struggling with the terminology in practice. That was still true leading up until the Bears game. 

But I don't think Beathard's injury is the reason he got to play. Most of us expected him to get the start vs Chicago anyways, and Garoppolo was starting to get more and more 1st team snaps in practice after the bye week. 

That makes more sense, I suppose. 

16 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

So explain the Calvin Johnson play a few years ago vs Vikings? 

There is a clear shot of the ball hitting the ground. His right hand is on the sides of the ball, the ball moves clearly. Dez was inbounds the whole time. So you need to your facts straight 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm actually convinced that we are tanking our tank job so we slide into a better draft position to take Quenton Nelson since nobody likes to take guards in the top 5 :D

Either that or I could still see the investment made into Barkley, if he's there, and angling for someone like Hernandez, Braden Smith, or Wynn early on Day 2.  Could also be an instance where you just go out and put the money on the table for a proven FA vet to get the stability the way the Rams did with Whitworth.  If a new Giants coach and GM decide to reboot their OL, someone like Pugh could be that guy.

Archived