Week 15 Game Day Thread

Crickett

1 minute ago, Starless said:

4feea4691346243.PNG

Right here is where he loses control of the ball before completing the catch.

I really think his right hand is underneath the ball... maybe you could see it from the goal line, but unless we see some different angles I consider it a bad overturn.

I can't seem to understand people arguing that even if his hand was under the ball, because it bobbled means he didn't have control and therefore no catch.  Until the ball touches the field, the play isn't complete. This is basic knowledge and I find it hard to believe that anybody on this sight wouldn't/doesn't know that.

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

It did hit the ground. A guy can still have one or two fingers under the ball but if he doesn't have it under control then it's not a catch. He's clearly using the ground to trap it here.

No he isn't. You can not tell if the ball is touching the ground or the back of his other hand. It doesn't matter what he is most likely doing. The call on the field is TD, you do not have evidence to turn it over.

You can clearly see the ball jostle loose after his elbow hits the ground. He still has a couple of fingers under it, but that ball is clearly not under control.

giphy.gif

The left hand comes off the ball entirely and it's not secure in the right. It's not a catch.

Just now, Starless said:

You can clearly see the ball jostle loose after his elbow hits the ground. He still has a couple of fingers under it, but that ball is clearly not under control.

giphy.gif

Control does not matter if the ball/player never goes out of bounds or if the ball never hits the ground.

1 minute ago, DLF54927 said:

Yeah, the ball spins 180 degrees.  You're better off arguing it was a catch and play over because he crossed the goal line.

That's not even arguable because he was a receiver not a runner and therefore he had to maintain possession all the way through the play. 

Archived