BDL 2017 Quarterfinals: #6 Rome Eternals @ #3 Orlando Ospreys

Whicker

Rome Eternals @ Orlando Ospreys  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2017 at 03:00 PM

With Wilson struggling this week and Wagner being hurt along with Gurley going off and rome having the better gameplan I think it's enough to swing it toward their favor.

Orlando would keep this game really close but I see Brees eventually being able to pull ahead.

This is an even matchup. Orlando has the better players but Rome is always sharp.

Rome is going to get some yardage in this game because Todd Gurley. Wagner being hurt is a serious problem if Gurley is correctly fed it will be hard to move Bosa inside and get Lawson on the field. Also because it will be Brees at QB, he can pick apart defenses. He won't be asked to do much and that's important because I like James Bradberry more than most. Crabtree will obviously have some issues with Jalen Ramsey. Keanu Neal does help a bit in the run defense area.

On the other side Gronk is possibly and perhaps literally unstoppable. A rookie will be his main opponent and said rookie is not Lattimore. Thus I think Gronk can do some serious damage. The other three receivers own the size to make contested catches. It leads to me to believe Orlando will score plenty of points, all of which will be necessary. 

Orlando again is the better team on paper, and Gronk should have a huge game against this defense. Still it's not an easy thing to discount a HOF QB like Brees and I really can see Gurley doing some damage. I'll come back to this game.

I think you have a compelling argument for both, with Gurley doing some serious damage but Wilson with better protection and a good set of weapons being able to get it done against the Rome D. It's a coin flip type match and given Orlando's the home team, I'll side with them. If Rome were at home they'd get it for me. 

Ugh. That one sucked. I really think I was done in by the IRL performance of Gurley vs Seattle despite me dropping an extra man in the box to help out in the run game and taking all the TE responsibilities away from Wagner.

Good Game @bcb1213hopefully with a strong offseason I'll be in the Bizzbowl next year.

Archived